Exterior door handle disassembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
Howdy everyone!

I did a search for this, or anything on the topic, and could only find part of what I needed on the other forum site. Here's the skinny: I bought a pair of proximity handles off a 2017 Ram 1500. Unfortunately they are a different color than my truck and want to take them apart and use my color matching paint to do em up real nice. I have been able to find only up to taking the cover off the handle part by drilling the two 7/16th holes and the trial goes cold. I'd like to take the whole handle apart, if possible, so I can ensure a good paint job. Anyone familiar, or could point me in the right direction? TIA!

itswiggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar etorque
Did you ever get this figured out?

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could try the other ram forum, they have an extensive thread on how to add the proximity lock/unlock to the truck. Someone should be able to help. Just search for adding proximity and you'll find the site.

itswiggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar etorque
You're asking a question of a member who hasn't been seen since February 6. :rolleyes:

You're not likely to receive a response .

Oh ok thank you got it. Didn’t even think to look at the last seen date of the op. Won’t happen again

itswiggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar etorque
You could try the other ram forum, they have an extensive thread on how to add the proximity lock/unlock to the truck. Someone should be able to help. Just search for adding proximity and you'll find the site.
Thank you

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh ok thank you got it. Didn’t even think to look at the last seen date of the op. Won’t happen again

No worries.

Most of us get caught by that circumstance once in a while. The original post date often is a good indication.

It starts with someone responding to an old thread, several people add comments until someone looks at the last seen date of the OP. :cool: