Factory brakes and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I now have over 88,000 miles on my original brakes and still have 2 of the factory Good Year 20" Wrangler HP tires on. I'm hoping for 100,000 miles before replacement. Being it is winter I might not be able to. Any one manage to do it?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
On my 2011 mine were low at 60,000 miles. If I wasn't going to sell it at the time I would have been replacing them. Idk how you'll get 100,000 out of them!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
i got about 30k out of the crapyears before winter traction sucked. As for the brakes I got about 56k and could have gotten another 5k or so out of them but wanted to change them out before winter. I switched over to powerstop stuff all around. Much better by far

OP
OP
Truckit

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seriously?

Yes seriously. I am very easy on them. Serviced the brakes about 7000 miles ago for the first time. I noticed a slight shimmy in them but now stop smoothly. I bought new pads so I can change them when needed. The original rotors are still good. I had to replace the rear tires at that time so put new ones on the front and moved front to rear. Mostly highway miles with some towing.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Bought my truck new Feb of '14...that small amount of winter driving made me come come to the quick realization that the stock tires are dangerous and crap. I swapped them out this Sept...sold the stockers for $200 and never looked back. I tip my hat to your diligence with them...there's no way I could do that...

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I had a lot of gravel the first year I had the truck, so my stock tires died pretty fast. Changed em out in October just before this winter, got 2 years and 47k kilometers out of em. They were pretty much completely bald at the time. The brakes on the other hand still look and feel like new

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes seriously. I am very easy on them. Serviced the brakes about 7000 miles ago for the first time. I noticed a slight shimmy in them but now stop smoothly. I bought new pads so I can change them when needed. The original rotors are still good. I had to replace the rear tires at that time so put new ones on the front and moved front to rear. Mostly highway miles with some towing.

That's awesome. I'm pretty easy on my truck too. I hope I get that kind of wear. Bought my truck a year ago in December '13 with stock SRA's. Went thru a pretty bad winter on them last year and I was surprised how well they did in the snow, especially just coming out of a jeep rubicon. THey were brand new, so I'll see what happens this winter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FinestTitan70