FCA emissions recall 67A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RTHudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
My 2018 3500 just had the 67A re-flash at the dealer. Immediately got a check engine light, and the code indicated a bad particulate sensor. The sensor was replaced and the truck seemed to be operating normally after that. However, I have heard many opinions about what the update was for and the only things I've noticed is the engine uses more DEF than previously and the transmission feels like it's always in tow/haul mode. Has anyone noticed any before and after differences in operation?

OP
OP
chaosh1

chaosh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2018 3500 just had the 67A re-flash at the dealer. Immediately got a check engine light, and the code indicated a bad particulate sensor. The sensor was replaced and the truck seemed to be operating normally after that. However, I have heard many opinions about what the update was for and the only things I've noticed is the engine uses more DEF than previously and the transmission feels like it's always in tow/haul mode. Has anyone noticed any before and after differences in operation?

Who paid for the faulty Sensor?

For 2018 and on Cummins indicated a possible decrease in fuel economy. I wonder if this is what they were referring to.

RTHudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
The sensor was covered by the MOPAR warranty I bought when I got the truck, I haven't checked my mpg average, used to be around 16. I'll reset the system and see if there's any mileage difference now. It's kind of strange that the trans used to run in 5th and 6th even at lower speeds in a no load condition. It almost seems that the program is causing the engine to turn more revs for the same speed than it did previously.