Flashing computer for trailer brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered the one Crash posted, I'm not sure how much I'll use this whole setup once and if I get my trainer brakes working, but this is why I love these forums, so many people willing to help.
You can’t go wrong with the one in Crash’s link. DeereGuys harness is well built and install was easy. It’s the one I’ve been using since 2019 without issue and I leave it permanently installed. You wouldn’t think you’d have much use for the harness and Alfa but wait till you change tire size, need to reprogram a TPMS sensor or need a new or extra key fob. It pays for itself just programming an extra fob. And yes the cheap Chinese knock offs from Amazon work with Alfa.

OP
OP
D

Da Slug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm waiting for the factory control module to be delivered (today), but I did receive the security bypass cable yesterday and I connected that. I thought I'd try and see if that made a difference, it hasn't yet, but I was trying to backup my settings before I did anything else. I found the button in AlfaOBD that says save settings, but when I push the button, nothing happens. Also, I did finally find the integrated trailer brake module setting in the Alfa app, but there are faults. I'll include screenshots. I took my console apart again and checked the plug into the slider switch, but it seems nice and tight. Now I'm not sure if my problem is the module at all.
Thanks

Attachments

• Alfa faults 2.png
    Alfa faults 2.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_Alfa faults 1.png
    Screenshot_Alfa faults 1.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
D

Da Slug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, so I don't think I'm stupid, but I am impatient sometimes, which gets similar results in the self auto repair business. Anyway, I got my computer flashed and my trailer brakes working (although I haven't pulled the camper anywhere yet). Turns out, after watching several different youtube videos, and getting the good advice on this forum, I activated the trailer options I found under the change configuration setting, but I couldn't find the "enable trailer brake" option. Then I saw that it would be under ITBM somewhere in the long, long list of options. My wife was there and I said, I wish I could just search for it, and she pointed to the search option, that I didn't see, for some reason. I searched for "ITBM" and there is was. I enabled it and then everything worked. I even reinstalled the Amazon control module so I could return the Mopar one and it still worked. My only problem now is, I never could get the "save configuration" button to work.
Thank you to everyone that helped.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok, so I don't think I'm stupid, but I am impatient sometimes, which gets similar results in the self auto repair business. Anyway, I got my computer flashed and my trailer brakes working (although I haven't pulled the camper anywhere yet). Turns out, after watching several different youtube videos, and getting the good advice on this forum, I activated the trailer options I found under the change configuration setting, but I couldn't find the "enable trailer brake" option. Then I saw that it would be under ITBM somewhere in the long, long list of options. My wife was there and I said, I wish I could just search for it, and she pointed to the search option, that I didn't see, for some reason. I searched for "ITBM" and there is was. I enabled it and then everything worked. I even reinstalled the Amazon control module so I could return the Mopar one and it still worked. My only problem now is, I never could get the "save configuration" button to work.
Thank you to everyone that helped.
I'm sure none of us has ever done anything like that. I mean, I know I haven't...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rob345