Flowmaster 425404 side exit duals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
side exit.jpg

exhaust.jpg

Just an FYI to anyone who might run something similar, as the results were a bit different than I expected.

My cats are definitely still there I promise, cut the old exhaust off right in front of the Y-pipe, brought them back to a Flowmaster 425404 and then did an 80deg bend out the passenger side in front of the RR tire. Obviously this eliminated the resonator as well.

My hope was that the Flowmaster 425404 would be a bit quieter than my old muffler, it is in fact noticeably louder. Warm idle and down the highway are actually very reasonable, even without the resonators, but cold starts and any time you pin it, it's pretty loud. Luckily this is just my work truck at this point so my neighbors won't have to hear me start it that often, but pulling a stock trailer with this will be quite the noisy affair.

P.S. I am aware this is a third gen but it has the 4th gen motor, hence the 4th gen section.