Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itswiggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar etorque
installed the bling lights Foglight kit today. was a little bit apprehensive to purchase due to one of the 2 reviews but figured I've give it a shot since I like a challenge. Anyways I have a 2022 ram 1500 (classic) warlock w/ the Pentastar just for reference. started out removing the bumper in order to access the fog light brackets, housing and tow hook housing (the bezel came in for this as well so figured I'd swap it while the bumper was off). removed the bracket from the bumper and quickly ran into my first issue dealing with the mounting bracket for the lights. it came with the very generic mount I'm sure everyone can imagine so after looking and thinking for a bit I decided to open it up and flatten it out...

flattened bracket.jpg
decided to drill out the center hole w/ a 1/2" bit. ended up removing the connector from the light itself that plugs to the harness with some de-pinning tool from amazon and unscrewed the top part of the plug that screws into the back of the light. half inch hole.jpg
IMG_3681.jpeg
IMG_3682.jpegIMG_3683.jpeg
Fed the wire from the light through the bezel and the 1/2” drilled hole in the bracket and screwed the other piece back over the bracket to hold it tight in place. Put the bracket on after you put it through the bezel, it won’t go through the bezel with the bracket on beforehand. I just wanted to show how I sandwiched it.
IMG_3687.jpeg
IMG_3690.jpeg
Put a couple self tappers on either side and called it good. I could’ve used the factory holes with bolts, washers and nuts but I didn’t want to cut the tabs off the bezel and didn’t have bolts +nuts so figured I’d go with what I had instead of driving around with no bumper to get what I needed. IMG_3691.jpeg

And that’s that except for remounting the bezel, light and bracket back to the bumper as well as the wiring.

For the harness that comes with it I did not want to use the switch provided so i ended up using the jumper part of the harness and de-pinning the 3 wires from the connector. These lights have the outer halo part and the inner projector part with the halo able to turn on apart from the projector if you use the switch that came with the harness. The way it has to be wired to work with the factory headlight switch will not allow this and instead of wiring it “left fl or right fl” it ends up with one wire being halo and the other being projector. I don’t think it matters because everything still worked as it should. I followed the how to from mpgrimm2 and tapped the terminals under the hood with the harness that came w/ this kit. Thank you mpgrimm2 for the thread cuz that **** saved headaches!

Mounted the new headlight switch w/ the fog light push button from Amazon, used alpha and turned it on. Everything worked out great!

IMG_3692.jpeg

Last edited: