Free tool... just costs a tire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My dad had a tire go flat in seconds. Bullet casing had gone through and head of the case partially tore, allowing it to act as a tube to dump the air out. I'm a big hunter/shooter, assumed it was me and chewed me out for leaving my brass lay.

I got to look at it, it was 17 HMR brass......I don't have a 17 HMR......

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_0823.jpegIMG_0830.jpeg

Found this in mine the other day. Couple plugs couldn’t fix it…bought a new tire! 35” Kenda RT(not bad at $249).

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the odds? About like my grandpa getting an Allen wrench in a tire many years ago.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
What are the odds? About like my grandpa getting an Allen wrench in a tire many years ago.
Yeah I don't know. Maybe front tire kicked it up then back hit it. Was at an intersection in town after a red light, so wasn't fast at all. I thought I picked up a rock when I heard the click but then felt how out of balance it was at 20mph+.

Held air long enough to get to the shop. Swapped the spare on to that rim. Guess 35" coming sooner than planned.

Bad Tiki

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
Same here, tire pressure alert came on, found an Allen wrench in the tire. Was on vacation in Maine, being Canadian I had CAA, called AAA just to see , super nice guy came out fixed it , no charge!!!

BigMike518

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don’t have pics, pre-cell phone camera days, but I had a multi-tool go in the same way and deflated a tire in seconds. Made a hell of a noise too, I was just 1/4 mile from the house and tried to make it home to change out tire instead of on shoulder. The other end of the multi-tool was flapping and hitting the fenderwell with every rotation. Hole was too big to plug or patch, luckily it was on OLD set of BFG muds I had on truck while waiting for my MT MTZs to be delivered.