Fuel Additives for 2020 Ram with Hemi V-8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetUSN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking for thoughts or recommendations on fuel additives for a Hemi V8. Brand, how often, results, etc. Thanks in advance.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
+2 for Top Tier gas.

With all the sensors, programming, and system parts these days I don't put in any additives. I just make sure I always fill up with Top Tier gas and let that take care of things for me:

Costco is my go-to. The membership more than pays for itself at the pump alone for me.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I’m looking for thoughts or recommendations on fuel additives for a Hemi V8. Brand, how often, results, etc. Thanks in advance.
Gas - I alternated between Lucas Fuel Additive and Marvel Mystery Oil

Oil - Lubegard

CataClean for the Catalytic converter

My engine is very quiet with this stuff.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
A couple of us on the board have tried to find verifiable results on this, and literally we have only found one product with verified results. Time and time again, boroscopes prove this product works and others do not work, see Chris fixes horoscopes.

And be warned you need at least a full bottle for results, maybe even one bottle in 3/4 tank of gas, concentration amount matters. It is better to do one bottle then a smaller dose a bunch of times, that is a losing strategy. It is best to use one bottle prior to every oil change, two tanks before the change. This product has the largest % of PEA plus the best carrier oil, the proof is in the boroscopes.

71t0JAEWg1L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You concerned with carbon buildup on what?

Opinion, introducing fuel additives is doubling down and unneeded. Fuel is a fantastic cleaner. I have used sea foam injecting before the throttle body with ok results. Seen some YouTube videos showing some improvement after a bore scope. Maybe project farm.

Haha! And what Wild one said.

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+2 for Top Tier gas.

With all the sensors, programming, and system parts these days I don't put in any additives. I just make sure I always fill up with Top Tier gas and let that take care of things for me:

Costco is my go-to. The membership more than pays for itself at the pump alone for me.
Funny that Mobil and BP aren't on the list?

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A couple of us on the board have tried to find verifiable results on this, and literally we have only found one product with verified results. Time and time again, boroscopes prove this product works and others do not work, see Chris fixes horoscopes.

And be warned you need at least a full bottle for results, maybe even one bottle in 3/4 tank of gas, concentration amount matters. It is better to do one bottle then a smaller dose a bunch of times, that is a losing strategy. It is best to use one bottle prior to every oil change, two tanks before the change. This product has the largest % of PEA plus the best carrier oil, the proof is in the boroscopes.

71t0JAEWg1L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg
Although I haven't tried it yet, I agree with Burla.

I've tried Techron and it doesn't appear to do anything. The regular Lucas doesn't, either.

I have found results from the Lucas High Mileage version, however.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 118831 miles.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

I've tried Techron and it doesn't appear to do anything. The regular Lucas doesn't, either.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 118831 miles.
You can look up PEA, which is techron, but if you read the forum page on it concentration % matters. Redline si-1 and amsoil pi are the top 2 %'s of PEA, more then techron itself. Royal Purples additive I think comes in third. Lucas high mileage is a kerosene treatment similar to star Tron now called star bright, and ucl Lucas seams to only be mineral oil, just lubes upper cylinder no cleaning. The white papers at BITOG from years ago, PEA is the best at this unless something has changed and I haven't heard on that. I cant remember the math, but it's posted somewhere, adding a full bottle of either si-1 or pi is considerably more then just using top tier gas. You can use a product like that in a gas with low additives and it would be considerably high detergency then anything that comes from a pump no matter what you pay. Consumer reports rated top tier fuels, brand matters and even top brands don't have enough if you believe the thread I posted earlier in this thread. Boroscopes proof techron versus redline si-1. check it out.

Same cylinder one pic 6 bottles techron, dude wasn't happy then 2 bottles of si-1, see the evidence. look at the type on the cylinder 6 techron versus 2 redline, lol?

53561974919_20e3256fbb_z-jpg.jpg

53561644016_cef00f00f0_z-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l

Regards,
Dusty
Lucas is an upper cylinder lubricant is a fuel additive that's primary function is to lubricate the upper parts of the cylinder above the piston rings and to prevent rust and corrosion from causing premature wear on metal parts.

Amsoil has a similar product.

If you want to clean out carbon you need another product.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lucas is an upper cylinder lubricant is a fuel additive that's primary function is to lubricate the upper parts of the cylinder above the piston rings and to prevent rust and corrosion from causing premature wear on metal parts.

Amsoil has a similar product.

If you want to clean out carbon you need another product.
All I can tell you is the High Mileage version is the only one I've used that demonstrated an improvement.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 118873 miles.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seeking opinion:

I know a number of techs and a few of them are of the opinion the fuel system/injector cleaner additives can be detrimental to catalytic performance or life, especially if "over used."

Wonder how those in this thread feel about this and what evidence or experience is there to support their contention?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 118933 miles.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Seeking opinion:

I know a number of techs and a few of them are of the opinion the fuel system/injector cleaner additives can be detrimental to catalytic performance or life, especially if "over used."

Wonder how those in this thread feel about this and what evidence or experience is there to support their contention?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 118933 miles.
Catalytic performance,what's that. You're not parking in the right neighbourhoods if you still got them things in the exhaust:Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas - I alternated between Lucas Fuel Additive and Marvel Mystery Oil

Oil - Lubegard

CataClean for the Catalytic converter

My engine is very quiet with this stuff.
+1 on MMO. I've used it for 20+ years in just about everything that has an internal combustion engine. I've put people on it that were HUGELY skeptical and they have all come back and thanked me for it. It's not a "cure in a bottle" and won't fix anything mechanically broken (as some people like to think and/or purchase it for). It will keep the fuel pathways (lines, pumps, injectors/carbs) clear of buildup and provide a level of upper cylinder lubrication. Also, if used as directed, in the crankcase, is a great engine cleaner that's not super aggressive. I even use it as a winter/summer "fog" for cylinders. When storing the snow blower for the summer or lawn mower for the winter, Stabil goes in the tank when it's very low and the engine runs until it sputters and dies. Spark plug gets pulled and a bit of MMO goes in, piston cycled a few times, plug re-installed and it's winter/summer ready. It's also great for breaking free stuck parts. It has good creep properties and will get into the voids around stuck cylinders and usually free them up. I've recovered a couple of stuck engines this way. Also works good to soak into rusted bolts and free them. Chainsaws, lawn mowers, snow blowers, my truck, the wife's car, pretty much anything ICE equipped.