Gets Louder When Downshifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiEllie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2007 Ram 1500 5.7L. Just had Cam and Crank sensors replaced, new battery, new oil pressure switch, and EGR valve. But now when I'm driving and it downshifts it gets LOUD. The only thing I can compare it to is almost like jake brakes. If I hit the gas it stops but gets loud again as soon as it downshifts. EGR valve was stuck open prior to fixing and it was probably like that for the last year or so. Could that be causing the sound now that it's fixed? Or does it sound like something else entirely? My exhaust is pretty loud to begin with because the pipe is cracked before the resonator but it never made that sound before.

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2007 Ram 1500 5.7L. Just had Cam and Crank sensors replaced, new battery, new oil pressure switch, and EGR valve. But now when I'm driving and it downshifts it gets LOUD. The only thing I can compare it to is almost like jake brakes. If I hit the gas it stops but gets loud again as soon as it downshifts. EGR valve was stuck open prior to fixing and it was probably like that for the last year or so. Could that be causing the sound now that it's fixed? Or does it sound like something else entirely? My exhaust is pretty loud to begin with because the pipe is cracked before the resonator but it never made that sound before.
Does it have a exhaust brake?? If the cam you replaced was round I imagine it was quite

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not saying it's impossible, but I'f he has a exhaust brake on his hemi I would love to know more about this lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk