Half of speakers not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

French fry 511

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
since I’ve bought this truck most of the speakers haven’t worked. It’s the factory 6 speaker non alpine. The back seat driver side is the one that works all the time and sometimes the front driver side (almost like it has to get warmed up before it works). The truck some aftermarket stuff in it before it came to me as I found some wires and a bass knob and a T-connector into one of the speaker wires on the driver side under the dash. I’m wondering what I need to do to fix it. Any help is appreciated thank you! 2016 ram 1500 8.4 non alpine 6 speaker.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
since I’ve bought this truck most of the speakers haven’t worked. It’s the factory 6 speaker non alpine. The back seat driver side is the one that works all the time and sometimes the front driver side (almost like it has to get warmed up before it works). The truck some aftermarket stuff in it before it came to me as I found some wires and a bass knob and a T-connector into one of the speaker wires on the driver side under the dash. I’m wondering what I need to do to fix it. Any help is appreciated thank you! 2016 ram 1500 8.4 non alpine 6 speaker.
Unfortunately you'll need to start opening things up and inspecting it. Sounds like someone ripped their system out before trading it...