Has Chineezy production ruined everything??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armyvet25

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dodge 1969 383ci
Another old problem beat to death resurfacing...can't get my rear view mirror button to stick to the windshield regardless of which brand of windshield glue product I use, including some industrial(allegedly) strength glass glues. I've prepped it properly several times both the windscreen and steel button, plenty of cure time.
I'm going to try one more cyanoacrylate adhesive and if it doesn't work I'm mounting an old 60's screw to the roof mount mirror, i won't use the suction type, think they're ugly.
Yes I've installed plenty over the years successfully, not sure what to try after this other than the screw mounting like found on old cars and trucks.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used the gray 2 part JB weld for years. Mostly the not so stiff type, but also the original.

I had tried everything I could think of, but the mirror kept coming off in a few months to a year.

It's probably been 12-15 years since I JB Welded it to the Ford, and close to that on the old Dodge.

OP
OP
armyvet25

armyvet25

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dodge 1969 383ci
I read where someone online used that with success also, just ridiculous you have to resort to epoxy's and such that the intended products no longer work. thanks for your input!

OP
OP
armyvet25

armyvet25

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dodge 1969 383ci
I used alcohol a couple times, other cleaners, the kit cleaning wipes, all to no avail previously, will use it again if I go JB