Headlight/Tail Light/Wiper Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VanCityDirtDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey, I’ve been having issues with my exterior lights and wipers, just wondering if anyone had the same symptoms and figured out what the issue was. I’m terrible with anything electrical, so any starting points to check/process of elimination would be super helpful.

So sometimes everything is working as normal, and then sometimes randomly my:

1. Driver headlight goes out
2. Driver turn indicator goes out
3. Passenger tail light goes out/flashing
4. Wipers stop working

The wipers work fine a click at a time, but if left in delay mode they’ll go out after 4-6 swipes. Sometimes the headlight/tail light issue goes out at the same time, sometimes not so not sure if they’re directly connected with eachother. The lights will go out sometimes even with the wipers off.

Has anyone had the same thing? Wondering if it’s a loose or corroded ground somewhere, or if this is a rip apart my dash and replace the control module kinda deal. Thanks fellas.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey, I’ve been having issues with my exterior lights and wipers, just wondering if anyone had the same symptoms and figured out what the issue was. I’m terrible with anything electrical, so any starting points to check/process of elimination would be super helpful.

So sometimes everything is working as normal, and then sometimes randomly my:

1. Driver headlight goes out
2. Driver turn indicator goes out
3. Passenger tail light goes out/flashing
4. Wipers stop working

The wipers work fine a click at a time, but if left in delay mode they’ll go out after 4-6 swipes. Sometimes the headlight/tail light issue goes out at the same time, sometimes not so not sure if they’re directly connected with eachother. The lights will go out sometimes even with the wipers off.

Has anyone had the same thing? Wondering if it’s a loose or corroded ground somewhere, or if this is a rip apart my dash and replace the control module kinda deal. Thanks fellas.
I'd start with the grounds and battery. I've seen the battery cause issues like this on their last leg...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oatsey