Heated Seat Element Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug5656

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting my drivers seat heat elements repaired/replaced. Im no mechanic for starters but the dealer is saying it can take up to 3 days to complete this? That seems crazy but has anyone experienced this repair and why it might take so long? The parts have been ordered and are in by the way.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s for them to try and justify that GIANT price tag that comes with it.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you have a upholstery shop handy? ask them if they have done one and how hard it was.
I have done some in my day , but not these seats. the backrest would be hard, the seat should not be a big deal. most of nine where old trucks, and bar stools, so kind of a different thing.

I would be surprised if a dealer would do this in house, bet they would send out .

OP
OP
Doug5656

Doug5656

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IDK-they did mention though that they only have 1 tech who does this work and he only works Mon-Fri. They are doing both seat and back. So maybe that's why? I'm not upset about it as it's getting done with an aftermarket warrantee (THANK GOD) and my deductible is just $100. Just trying to figure if I'll actually be out of the truck 3 days?

OP
OP
Doug5656

Doug5656

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s for them to try and justify that GIANT price tag that comes with it.
That could be too?! It's covered on an aftermarket warrantee though THANK GOD! Otherwise I'd be keeping the cold leather seat on my butt .

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Makes sure you have it documented from both parties, I do have trust issues.

OP
OP
Doug5656

Doug5656

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do, I also called the warrantee company to confirm it was a covered part and the dealer has worked with them many times so they are familiar with them and the process!

OP
OP
Doug5656

Doug5656

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, they did a great job-my aftermarket warrantee covered it, minus $100 deductible and they (dealer) rented me a brand new Wagoneer for $40/day while they did the job. Gotta admit it was hard turning in the rental . But I got my truck back and all is great!