Heated seats logic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good day folks, hopefully someone can help me out. I have a 23 tradesman with heated seats and wheel. The pavers manual says the seats should stay on high for about an hour and then switch to low. Mine switch to low anywhere between 1 and 20 minutes and then shut off 10 or so minutes later. Is this normal? Is this a result of outside temperature?
Does anyone have the shop papers to troubleshoot the logic?
Many thanks as always!!
Jason

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is it both seats? The seats should warm to a temperature and then fluctuate between off and high to maintain a temperature. Could be you have a bad sensor (thermostat) in seat but if both, that would be very coincidental.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The heated steering wheel & seats,
operate at 40°F & colder

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
operate at 40°F & colder
I think that's only the auto sense thing, so that those turn on automatically when the truck is started and it's below 40f. I know my seat heaters and wheel will turn on above 40f if I do it manually.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that's only the auto sense thing, so that those turn on automatically when the truck is started and it's below 40f. I know my seat heaters and wheel will turn on above 40f if I do it manually.

I can never remember exactly where the threshold on mine are located.

I don't recall trying the seat heater at higher temperatures but I'm often attempting to fire up the steering wheel heater and disappointed when it shuts off too fast.

IIRC, the steering wheel heater in my truck won't stay on unless the ambient temperature is below ~45°-47°F. I so wish that I could set that threshold to my liking.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
operate at 40°F & colder

You can manually turn them on at any temp. Same for ventilated. The temperature thresholds are only for automatic start.

OP
OP
N

Nephilim70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the seat heater thermostat integral to the heating pad or is it in a different spot in the seat? The comments are helpful so far!