Help! 2019 Dodge Ram 12" Display only works in ACC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello All,
I am looking for some help. I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie with the 12" Display. About 2 weeks ago the screen went black while driving. It returned back to normal after a few minutes. And continued to go blank and turn on and off for hours on end intermittently over the next few days. Now when ever I turn on the car after a second it shuts to a black screen. When the screen goes out so does power to my two front windows. Radio stops ..etc...Unfortunately it also for some reason kicks on the heat at the same time it goes out. Everything else goes out as well the blindspot sensors etc..basically everything controlled by that unit. I have disconnected the battery and reset everything. and it need up doing the same thing. I am also up to date with my software. If I put the car in ACC mode everything works flawlessly and the screen will never go blank. It is only after starting the ignition it does this. I have been to two different dealers and both have been a waste of time frankly. It is so hard to find anyone in the dealership that specializes in electronics. I am almost at the point for looking at a good independent to diagnose. Anyone have any suggestions what it could be? Could the body control module be acting up and possibly the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

DJWillie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine
Stipe, this is an old post but I see no replies and I’m new to the RAM world and to this forum. Hope all find this helpful. The problem normally would be a lose connection or cold solder joint at the start of wiring daisy chain (since vehicles rarely use solder joints, it’s a plug or terminal.) Oh sorry, I’m not a vehicle wiring person but 40 years of electronics and what you describe was a common problem when my Airmen did not tighten connections or pushed the plug half-way in. With a good wiring diagram, following the line between the items which fail to a common point or a starting joint. This should lead you or the dealer tech’s to the trouble area.

Woodycam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Hello All,
I am looking for some help. I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie with the 12" Display. About 2 weeks ago the screen went black while driving. It returned back to normal after a few minutes. And continued to go blank and turn on and off for hours on end intermittently over the next few days. Now when ever I turn on the car after a second it shuts to a black screen. When the screen goes out so does power to my two front windows. Radio stops ..etc...Unfortunately it also for some reason kicks on the heat at the same time it goes out. Everything else goes out as well the blindspot sensors etc..basically everything controlled by that unit. I have disconnected the battery and reset everything. and it need up doing the same thing. I am also up to date with my software. If I put the car in ACC mode everything works flawlessly and the screen will never go blank. It is only after starting the ignition it does this. I have been to two different dealers and both have been a waste of time frankly. It is so hard to find anyone in the dealership that specializes in electronics. I am almost at the point for looking at a good independent to diagnose. Anyone have any suggestions what it could be? Could the body control module be acting up and possibly the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Was there a solution to this ? I am having the same problem