Help Shifter shows Reverse ITS in Park ..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goodoldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked and didnot see what i was looking for Thanks for any help OLD Guy Here so be patient

2014 Ram 2wd 68RFE Trans Trans serviced, Valve body changed and new solenoid pack
so here is the issue . when i start truck ( Its a 6.7 ) runs fine I have it in Park it shows reverse ( when its in park) now when i shift to Drive Than the display is normal,, The park assist says the truck is in reverse and the park assist light below radio stays on Until i put in Drive.
Also when the selector shows its in reverse when its not The back up light are not on.. when i actually put it in reverse the backup lights work as they should .. I have a Autel 808 Scanner and the AlphaODB No trans codes ?? this is a mystery to me I unplugged the Park assit module removed fuse and disconnected the rear sensers ,It only has rear no front ... NOTE it was doing all this before i did the trans work The Indicator issue is why i did the trans to begin with . sometime you hit the key and it just clicks, than you do again and starts ..
I checked all the fuses ( Non Blown) Please ask all the questions you want , sure i am leaving something out ... OH the Miles are 139K
AT this point It seams like something is wrong with the Park assist system Note i did order 4 new sensers But they checked out fine when tested with AlphaODB Thanks Every one for the Help Old Guy RoyBob

OP
OP
G

goodoldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No Mine shows Reverse ( In red) even in Park Now you can go to drive and it reads correct
The Valve body is new as well as the Shift solenoid Pack on top of the valve body. Its a 68rfe Trans I have found no help anyplace , It started with the Park assist issue I guess that's tied into the trans showing reverse
Guess its time for the dealer ship OUCH !!

OP
OP
G

goodoldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK I see know one here HAD a clue as to what was going on Very surprised.... all this knowledge here
Well,,, Seven thousand $$$$$% Later It was the Control module mounted on the side of the Engine ! So IF any one else has a issue like this at least i posted what was wrong .....

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
7 grand for a module and installation? That's a lot!!!

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good grief, did you go to Champion in Decatur?? If so, that's why it was $7k. Though you won't get much more help from Landers. I would've suggested taking it to Fayetteville, TN or to Champion in Athens. I've had decent success with both of them. Champion in Decatur and Landers in HSV are both rip offs.

That TCM can be had in both OEM and aftermarket flavors for less than $1k. Surely they didn't charge you $6k in labor.