How common is the 149" wheelbase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PJ_Shamrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love my '19 Classic CC w/ 6'4" bed. Strangely enough, the 4th gen QC's backseat has less usable legroom than my old '04 QC.

When I was shopping in April, former rental SLT's had everything I wanted/needed: HEMI, CC, Longbed, 4x4, under 10k miles.

20200603_172401.jpg

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Room for 4 sets of clubs, your big cooler, a couple of lawn chair and 2 strippers!
Go BIG or go home. ;-)

And yeah, in Knoxville, TN, ya gotta back it into a spot but so what. Makes for a clean getaway if your bride sees the strippers.:)6ef64c1bfce98c0d3373e5a29a98b2f1.jpg

Ready to move back to Sparta yet ?

jljbtm

Reaction score
I have the quad cab with short bed now and am looking for the crew cab with the long bed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I have the quad cab with short bed now and am looking for the crew cab with the long bed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Just curious. Your pic shows a crew cab with 5'7 bed anf all quad cabs have the 6'4 bed.

Good luck in your search for a crew 6'4 bed.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got lucky finding mine. It was an Enterprise fleet truck with less than 12k miles. ‘18 Laramie CC 5.7L. I didn’t realize how rare they were until after I got it and noticed most CC beds were shorter. I love it and wouldn’t go for a shorter bed now that I’ve had this one.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had to have mine transferred from another dealer. Wss't willing to settle for the 5'7 box since I used every square inch of my 6'4 box on both my previous trucks. Pretty rare in a limited. Not sure what year they became available, but the early 4th you had to go quad cab to get the standard box so that's what I did.

Smudge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Just got a ‘19 CC 6’4” Big Horn Sport Edition with trim level 1. I traded my ‘18 QC 6’4” Big Horn. The extra length because of the CC is noticeable in parking lots but the addition room in the back seat is fantastic. I couldn’t deal with a 5’7”, it just would not work for me.

Got a great deal on the truck. My girlfriend found it online with a ridiculous online price. The kind where to get that price you have to be retired military and active duty and first time Ram buyer and current Ram owner all at the same time to qualify for those rebates. She beat them up over the phone and by email until they agreed to give us the online price if we came in that night. A little haggling to get the trade price up on my truck and I was out the door for $11k under sticker. The girlfriend is a salesman’s worst nightmare. lol

07C5C3B3-96FF-4EB6-A8FD-B7CD30A023FE.jpeg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just got a ‘19 CC 6’4” Big Horn Sport Edition with trim level 1. I traded my ‘18 QC 6’4” Big Horn. The extra length because of the CC is noticeable in parking lots but the addition room in the back seat is fantastic. I couldn’t deal with a 5’7”, it just would not work for me.

Got a great deal on the truck. My girlfriend found it online with a ridiculous online price. The kind where to get that price you have to be retired military and active duty and first time Ram buyer and current Ram owner all at the same time to qualify for those rebates. She beat them up over the phone and by email until they agreed to give us the online price if we came in that night. A little haggling to get the trade price up on my truck and I was out the door for $11k under sticker. The girlfriend is a salesman’s worst nightmare. lol

View attachment 226579
I noticed a minor change at 8" longer, but yours i believe is another 4" for the bigger cab in the 5th gen so 12" more cab and wheelbase for you. I'd assume it's more noticable driving. The back seat must seem huge in comparison.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
View attachment 226338I wouldn't have mine any other way! Soooo many things just fit in a 6'4"
Funny, my thoughts now, after buying my 2500 CC w/8' Bed are WOW! It's nice not having to leave the tailgate down. Nice not having to tie everything down every time I go to **** Depo and then un-tie it all when I got home. No more clear stretch wrap. Hard to go back to a 6'4" truck.
I wish they made a 10' bed, LOL.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Ready to move back to Sparta yet ?
You couldn't pay me enough to go back to NJ! I just bought 41 acres of paradise in Mountain City, TN. I will have my 300 yard rifle range on my own land finally. Plenty of work ahead for that 8' bed but at least I won't have to load any more targets, guns, ammo, etc and drive it to somewhere, unload it, shoot, load back up & drive home. Now it'll be "hey babe, go in and get my .450 Bushy please. Thanks". Haha
Also nice casting my vote for the winning team now!

Smudge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I noticed a minor change at 8" longer, but yours i believe is another 4" for the bigger cab in the 5th gen so 12" more cab and wheelbase for you. I'd assume it's more noticable driving. The back seat must seem huge in comparison.
For sure the back seat is massive. My dog loves it! lol I need a bigger iBuddy floor protector for him. The one from my QC only covers 2/3’s of the area with the seats up!

The ride overall is much smoother than my 4th gen Big Horn but I’m chalking that up to the rear suspension going from leaf to coil overs. U-turns and tight parking lots are a bit more of a challenge and I’m not a fan of the ride height with the 55 series tires and lower suspension of the sport package. Those issues will be addressed when I need new tires. I plan on a Mopar 2” lift/leveling kit and a taller series tire in due time.

Reactions: BWL

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought my cc with the 6.4 bed and almost settled for the 5.7 bed again. My previous ram had the 5.7 bed and it worked, as did the chevy crew cab that came before the ram. When my previous ram was totaled, I ended up in a double cab tundra (so much room for an "extended cab") with the 6.5' bed. It was at that point I realized, I had to have at least the 6.5' bed. It was hard sifting through all the trucks for sale a trying to filter out the 6.4' bed. A lot of times trucks listed as a crew cab were actually quad cabs. The ram 149" wheelbase is only 3.3" longer than my double cab 6.5' tundra. So, parking feels the same. I will say, the tundra had an amazing turning radius for the size of the truck.

Glen OS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my CC 6'4". I didn't pay much attention to bed size, was more concerned with the Crew cab. Now that I have it, wouldn't go shorter.20201108_130733.jpg