How to update uconnect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I'm just really frustrated. I downloaded the file to the usb stick, and plugged it into my center console usb plug. Started the truck. Nothing happens. Just turns on like normal.

I've tried both usb plugs, I've tried just hitting the start button without starting the truck.
I don't know if I'm missing some step.

It's the 8.4an 2014 ram system.

Thanks

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
1) Start the vehicle.
2) With the engine running and radio powered on, insert the USB Stick with new software into the USB hub.
3) The next screen display will have both the old and new software levels.
4) Press the soft key “Yes” to start the update.
5) After the update is done, the screen will display the software levels again.
6) Press “No” and turn off the vehicle. Open the driver's door and let the Bus go to sleep. This will complete the radio update.
7) Remove the USB update stick, the update has been completed.

OP
OP
F

fave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know why I can't get this to work.

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
How long are you letting the flash drive sit in the hub? Is the flash drive blinking like it's communicating with the vehicle?

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did mine with the truck not running but with the ignition turned to on.It did take awhile before it read the stick and started doing it.

OP
OP
F

fave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've left it in for up to 10 minutes. The drive doesn't have any lights on it. Maybe it's the drive.
Just to be clear the usb hub is the one in the centre console beside the SD card reader, not the usb plug behind the round flap.

parkersdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
How do you update the 5.0. I think you have to go to the dealer

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've left it in for up to 10 minutes. The drive doesn't have any lights on it. Maybe it's the drive.
Just to be clear the usb hub is the one in the centre console beside the SD card reader, not the usb plug behind the round flap.

That's the one i used.the one right next to the sd card reader.Make sure nothing else is plugged in like a sd card.

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT

Yeah that's definitely the correct hub. It's possible it's the flash drive. Did you format it before downloading the update? Where did you download the update from?

OP
OP
F

fave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's definitely the correct hub. It's possible it's the flash drive. Did you format it before downloading the update? Where did you download the update from?

It was already formatted, I'll try formatting it and starting over. I got the file from the official uconecct site.

OP
OP
F

fave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so it was a cheap USB stick, bought a new one and the update worked.

Now if I can find one difference from the previous version I would be happy.