HUD not showing speed limit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamForum49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
2025 ram etorque, allows me to select a display for the hud. The selections show the speed limit sign. Regardless of which set of symbols to display that I select, the speed limit sign does not show up on the hud. Any suggestions?

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You just have to use the arrow keys to navigate through the different options. You can get it to show tire pressure, music info, gears, fuel range and mileage, etc. So keep messing with it. If you can't get it, I'm sure the dealer could get it back to the speedometer in seconds. If they can't, they will make you an appointment to get it fixed since you're still under warranty.

OP
OP
R

RamForum49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Thank you for you reply. Yes, I was able to locate the settings for hud on the driver's console. I selected custom layout, and it showed several different groupings on the major display, not on the driver's console, which you can scroll, then once decided, you can save. The one I chose included three items in the following order, horizontally across the hud: speedometer, speed limit, road directions to target. The speedometer does show up on the left side hand of the hud. The directions do show up, when used, on the right hand side of the hud. The speed limit never shows up in the hud, centered or otherwise.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don’t know why but I have made changes in my screen displays that at the time I thought had not taken. Only to find the next morning they had. I would just keep playing with the HUD settings and it will probably appear. There are some strange limitations on the displays. My 23 has a warning that only 2 GPS Map related displays can be set. So I can’t have a map display on my 12” screen, one on the instruments screen and one on the HUD screen.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
This is just a shot in the dark, but doesn't the road sign recognition system need to see an actual speed limit sign before it will put that up on the HUD? We don't have a HUD in our current truck, but that's how the HUD in my Audi works. It doesn't display the speed limit until I pass buy an actual speed limit sign.

OP
OP
R

RamForum49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Thanks for your response DanAR, I will keep fiddling with it and see what happens; however, I have tried every option it gives me to no avail.
Hello mikeru, I have driven at least 600 miles on major highways. The speed limit icon does show on the large display when in full nav view, but not on the HUD. Strange, isn't it :/

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Hello mikeru, I have driven at least 600 miles on major highways. The speed limit icon does show on the large display when in full nav view, but not on the HUD. Strange, isn't it :/
Just thought I'd bring it up since you didn't really mention how much driving you've done with it. Since it's a brand new truck you might want to take it in and have them look at it.

OP
OP
R

RamForum49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Thanks mikeru, I believe it is time to take it into the dealer for a check.
Hello GTyankee, not sure it has anything to do with the radio menu, since the settings for the hud are on the main menu entered from the steering column, but I'll check it out. Thanks!

jbp110

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2025 ram etorque, allows me to select a display for the hud. The selections show the speed limit sign. Regardless of which set of symbols to display that I select, the speed limit sign does not show up on the hud. Any suggestions?
Right after I bought my 22 Ram Limited, I noticed that I was not seeing all of the HUD items & part of the display was brighter than the other part. I wondered why all the data I had selected was not showing up. Later, I found out you can actually move the display up and down using the steering wheel button adjustment and lo & behold I found the missing data displays! Maybe the speed limit is there - just out of sight.

OP
OP
R

RamForum49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Thank you jbp110. Yes, This is my second vehicle with a hud. I did move the display up and down, unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky as you, sadly. The display I chose was to show three items horizontally: speed, speed limit and directions (when in use), in that order. The speed and directions show up but the speed limit does not, and it is supposed to show up in the center of the two. Also, I believe when adjusting the position of the display, up or down, there are four small corner icons that show up to help you with positioning the display.

GPD2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L SST
I encountered this exact issue on my 2025 RAM SST Bighorn. The HUD doesnt display the speed limit or current road even though I selected it in the options. The only thing that reliably dispays is the MPH.

RamForum49 - Did you get a resolution to the issue? My first attempt at the dealer was unsuccessful.

OP
OP
R

RamForum49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Hello GPD2. I have scheduled an appointment with the dealer. I will report any progress.