HVAC tikking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph giuffrida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with dual zone
When you first start the engine and even when the engine is not running I get a tilling or knock from behind the dash board. I have pulled of the center console and replaced the two actuators behind there. I also replaced the one behind the glove box. I have changed the resistors to the fan. I even replaced the heat and ac control unit in the center console. I pulled out the fan and hot wired it with the battery and it spun freely. All parts are Mopar parts. With each replacement it still raps or klicks.
There is nothing else to change in the system. I moved the leaver by hand to see if the doors might have broken and thy all feel fine. I didn’t change the actuator connected to the fresh air door because I can see it working fine. While driving the fan will blow according to the settings but most of the time it’s on the lowest regardless of the settings. I’m really at a loss with this, I even asked my local ram service dept. for help and they said they don’t do that anymore, let me speak to a mechanic