I-6 hurricane torture test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The '92 Ford Aerostar van I used to own had a light that came on if the oil got one quart low. It was right on the money.

That's the only kind of electronic oil level monitoring I like. Engines need a dip stick.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I guarantee there is a location on the block for a dipstick tube. There's no way they'd produce a light duty truck engine without one. Especially when a lot of fleet/government specs require it. We aren't the bread'n'butter when it comes to truck sales, fleets are.

The aftermarket will solve this for consumers wanting a dipstick.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes, I’m talking about container volume after engine has been started, settled and topped off to full mark.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That truck sailed through that test I'm actually impressed. The comments are great, basically every one agrees that the truck passed, it hauled more weight than other brands tested, and the hot thin oil caused a low pressure light which corrected itself as the truck idled and cooled off a little.

Art_in_CO

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited Elite
Engine
5.7L Hemi
In all fairness to RAM, I think this test really should have been run on a 2500.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
That truck sailed through that test I'm actually impressed. The comments are great, basically every one agrees that the truck passed, it hauled more weight than other brands tested, and the hot thin oil caused a low pressure light which corrected itself as the truck idled and cooled off a little.
yes. I consider it a pass and the temps seemed to run a little lower than the competitors. most folks would not tow that load up that route without a 2500 or a dsl anyhow. just shows that the Ram 1500 with the straight 6 is pretty capable. IMHO