I love this forum… but

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
duckman631

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
That's good. AC delco usually good stuff.

When I changed my OE pads to the Wagner MX series at 100k miles, I was amazed that they still had almost 1/4" of pad left on the fronts.

My FIL said to me some time ago that for stuff like brakes, he always preferred staying OE even though the cost was substantially higher, and he was a heavy equipment mechanic by trade.
My pads were oem original and had over 100k and still had meat on them. I went with the Wagner oex ceramic and they didn’t mate properly after 2 attempts. Might have been defective. When they were pulled the second time and replaced with the ac delcos, they were not even fully flat. There were still ends of the pads that were not smooth and one of the pads actually teetered if you put it pad side down on a flat surface and new rotors were put on at same time as pads. When stopping, they felt like they were slipping New ac delco semi metallics now have same feel stopping as the original oems.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unfortunately, questions on brand, performance and quality usually will produce a fair amount of bias and often contradictory opinions. On an item like brake pads the best you can hope for is results based on actual experience from actual users which should factor in how the vehicles has been driven.

Although this is moot now since you've already replaced them, the only thing I can add is that I've seen ceramics make some people unhappy. My previous experience with some aftermarket types has been noise. As for my Rams, after three I've never had to replace the OEMs on any of them. I guess when it comes time I'll install the factory type since they are a known quality to me.

Others will have to comment on their experience with other brands.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 116044 miles.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
OK, brake pads, I seen that one, but no info or advice on that

I did not see your question on the pillars till now

I did remove mine few years ago
I like shiny, so when I was in the truck candy store looking for my topper, I bought some chrome.
If you look at my picture, you can see , but it’s not a close up
I also have the trim on the top of doors where it wears if you rest your arm out the window
Not a big deal with AC

Under the black covers , it pillars are red , same as the body colour
It’s like a 3m tape, I think I heated it up with a heat gun a bit and just pulled it off. Been a few yrs ago
Start in top corner.
I posted the pic after I edited it

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

pscarbor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2006, 2009
Engine
5.9, 5.7 Hemi, 5.7 Hemi
I find this forum to be awesome. Got plenty of good information, tips and tricks. BUT, I really wish some of my questions were directly answered as it relates to my specific ask. I asked in one post specifically for recommendations on SEMI METALLIC brake pads and all I got was response after response giving me recommendations for ceramic. I asked in a new post if anyone can confirm something regarding the pillar post vinyl and asked for a response from someone who actually removed it and I get a response from someone who answered but didn’t actually remove it. Come on guys. ✌️
As to your brake pads, I've found Sirius radio to be a pretty good value for the money. :p

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am just happy you love this forum. Most of us are just lonely dudes with absolutely nothing to do.....we join these forums to show everyone how smart we are and to occupy our time.......thanks for allowing me this time. I love to sing in the shower.
Somehow, knowing U sing in the shower does nothing fer dis BOIRD, lmao. Besides, U should have started yer reply with: "Once Upon a Time". :rolleyes::33::anitoof:

Added: U so busy with yer sidebar, ref Museum, hee hee.

Thornback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Communicating is tough, whether it's vocal or written. When asking a question be sure to include all the information that's relevant. Proofread your question and see if there is a possibility it can be misinterpreted. When reading a question be sure you understand exactly the info the poster is wanting. I understand the original poster's frustration. Some of us are not good at putting our mental thoughts in writing -- LOL

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I will add, I get a email this morning, Monday " last weeks most popular posts " so I am behind the times, unless I click on " new posts"
BTW I am in my 80's so I am behind the times most of the time.
And I would not post on brake pads anyway, now if you had asked about drum brakes*****
I would just buy factory pads most likely.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I am just happy you love this forum. Most of us are just lonely dudes with absolutely nothing to do.....we join these forums to show everyone how smart we are and to occupy our time.......thanks for allowing me this time. I love to sing in the shower.
This post wins the internet for today

Thanks @Jerrybob

ch

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm finding more often on here, I've got to pick my engagements. I see some posts from new guys and my first thoughts are "WTF is this guy trying to say? Was that even English? Do they not teach grammar, punctuation, basic sentence forming anymore??". Then that is usually followed up with "seriously, you're asking for advice on subject X and then telling everybody they are wrong?".

I find a lot of value in exchanging with you folks because there are a lot of smart people here. I also practice some self-control and not reply to some of the ignorant post (and too lazy to search for prior posts) folks.

You guys keep on being awesome! And new guys, take a few minutes and read what you're posting back to yourselves, and ask "Does this make sense, and will others be able to understand what I'm trying to convey?". Just a piece of advice. :)

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Damn i don't know how us older guys ever got along before there was an internet to search,lol

Barbershops and the American Legion, I think. "Anybody know how to...?" then wade through three drunks and an idiot to get to the guy who actually did know. :D

Honestly, though, Youtube is awesome. I've fixed so much stuff I had no business tinkering with thanks to some yahoo on Youtube with 16 subscribers and 4 videos about how to cannibalize your toaster oven to fix your stand mixer with a Leatherman and left over pie tins...

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I'm finding more often on here, I've got to pick my engagements. I see some posts from new guys and my first thoughts are "WTF is this guy trying to say? Was that even English? Do they not teach grammar, punctuation, basic sentence forming anymore??". Then that is usually followed up with "seriously, you're asking for advice on subject X and then telling everybody they are wrong?".

I find a lot of value in exchanging with you folks because there are a lot of smart people here. I also practice some self-control and not reply to some of the ignorant post (and too lazy to search for prior posts) folks.

You guys keep on being awesome! And new guys, take a few minutes and read what you're posting back to yourselves, and ask "Does this make sense, and will others be able to understand what I'm trying to convey?". Just a piece of advice. :)

I considered posting a picture of the enter key in response to a wall o' text recently but thought better of it. I get we aren't writing in a peer reviewed journal, but basic formatting to make something readable sure seems like a good idea regardless.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

FailEnglish.jpg

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn i don't know how us older guys ever got along before there was an internet to search,lol
Chiltons manual, road and track, news paper, Lifeline: Call a Friend by dialing the phone number on yer rotary phone, u know all dem old fashioned ways to communicate etc

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
That was I, then do 2 more and try to remember what stuff went where.
Kind of like proof reading, what a novel idea, I read after and wonder what the hell was I talking about. Good thing I know how to edit. Spelling is another issue.
Rotary phone, that was a modern touch. we had a crank.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I considered posting a picture of the enter key in response to a wall o' text recently but thought better of it. I get we aren't writing in a peer reviewed journal, but basic formatting to make something readable sure seems like a good idea regardless.
I do not think they even teach basic English anymore. HECK, they do not even teach "Cursive" handwriting anymore. I had a person that did a "statement" that needed to be signed. Of course this very intelligent fellow "printed" his entire statement, he was like 19 yoa. When it came time to "sign" the statement, I told him, plus other required verbiage to "sign" here. He says: I do not know how to sign my name, he only knew HOW to print. I bout lost my mind. I had to round up several witnesses to sign on to validate the statement.

ADDED: So I am thinking, how do you sign a contract, check, etc.,. but then of course I remembered:

1) Schools not teach anything needed anymore, maybe except Basket Weaving.
2) Handwriting definitely not taught.
3) This current generation is lost in their identity, or lack of identity.
4) With all the "Electronic" signature stuff, who signs their name?
5) I haven't seen a kid lately that could do any Math in their head, even basic stuff. Without their phone, computer screen wateva, they were friggin lost.
6) Me thinks as a Country and Society we in BIG TROUBLE.
7) With AI, how do you know you are even conversing with another person? (FTR I TURN off all the AI junk on my phone)

All of the above IMHO only.

CAVEAT: BOIRD rant completed.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was I, then do 2 more and try to remember what stuff went where.
Kind of like proof reading, what a novel idea, I read after and wonder what the hell was I talking about. Good thing I know how to edit. Spelling is another issue.
Rotary phone, that was a modern touch. we had a crank.
Mom had the ole Kitchen White in Color Mounted on the wall ole Rotary Monster in the house. You know, the one everyone had in the kitchen with like a 30' cord, that always after a while got tangled up in knots, LOL. And she had one other phone, a "pink" princess rotary in the bedroom. I am not sure, I think when she passed she still had the ole pink one, but the kitchen one had been replaced with "push button", as the ole rotary just wore out, and also I think the phone company made her upgrade it.

Look at below attachment, somebody is selling an old rotary on E Bay for $320? WTF over.

pho.JPG

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not think they even teach basic English anymore. HECK, they do not even teach "Cursive" handwriting anymore. I had a person that did a "statement" that needed to be signed. Of course this very intelligent fellow "printed" his entire statement, he was like 19 yoa. When it came time to "sign" the statement, I told him, plus other required verbiage to "sign" here. He says: I do not know how to sign my name, he only knew HOW to print. I bout lost my mind. I had to round up several witnesses to sign on to validate the statement.

ADDED: So I am thinking, how do you sign a contract, check, etc.,. but then of course I remembered:

1) Schools not teach anything needed anymore, maybe except Basket Weaving.
2) Handwriting definitely not taught.
3) This current generation is lost in their identity, or lack of identity.
4) With all the "Electronic" signature stuff, who signs their name?
5) I haven't seen a kid lately that could do any Math in their head, even basic stuff. Without their phone, computer screen wateva, they were friggin lost.
6) Me thinks as a Country and Society we in BIG TROUBLE.
7) With AI, how do you know you are even conversing with another person? (FTR I TURN off all the AI junk on my phone)

All of the above IMHO only.

CAVEAT: BOIRD rant completed.
So, it's plausible that you're an AI bot on here eh? LOL