Increase Throttle Response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just be careful with Global Down, I came out to my truck one morning to my windows half down. They were up when I parked it the night before so it must have pressed the unlock button just right in my pocket. Thankfully it didn't rain that night and I promptly turned it back off with Alfa.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just be careful with Global Down, I came out to my truck one morning to my windows half down. They were up when I parked it the night before so it must have pressed the unlock button just right in my pocket. Thankfully it didn't rain that night and I promptly turned it back off with Alfa.

During the warmer months, March through November, I wear shorts with a dedicated FOB safe pocket.

While wearing pants, I've only had issues in past with the Panic button and have modified it to desensitize accidental pressings.

Also, I park inside the barn pictured in my avatar 98% of the time but thanks for the warning. :cool:

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, one more thought. Where is your cell phone located during this attempted 'windows global down' activity?

I found that my cell phone, even in airplane mode, sometimes compromises the use of my FOB.

I finished paddling a kayak on the river and opened a dry bag containing my phone & FOB.
It wouldn't let me unlock the truck until I removed the FOB from the area of the phone.
These high-tech toys can be a PITA sometimes.

Interesting twist. I'll have to give that a try

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting twist. I'll have to give that a try

I could understand a cell phone influencing the FOB's ability to transmit/receive data to/from the truck but I was quite surprised that this occurred several times while in Airplane mode.

Just another reason for me to distrust the Android OS and devices. :cool:

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could understand a cell phone influencing the FOB's ability to transmit/receive data to/from the truck but I was quite surprised that this occurred several times while in Airplane mode.

Just another reason for me to distrust the Android OS and devices. :cool:

My android(s) are in my right pocket, and my FOB in my left nearly every day. Sometimes the FOB and my Android are in the same pocket (IE when we go to the Wife's Aunts house to go swimming for some holidays/events) and I have NEVER had an issue, and I don't use Airplane mode ever.

The only issue I have EVER seen with my FOBS is when the wife has hers in her purse, and mine in my pocket, sometimes the truck decides it can't see EITHER until I restart the truck, usually having to use the fob on the push button as if the battery was dead. But both batteries in the FOBS are fine.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
During the warmer months, March through November, I wear shorts with a dedicated FOB safe pocket.

While wearing pants, I've only had issues in past with the Panic button and have modified it to desensitize accidental pressings.

Also, I park inside the barn pictured in my avatar 98% of the time but thanks for the warning. :cool:

How did you desensitize it?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you desensitize it?

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was debating just snipping off a bit of the "pusher" on the TPE that makes up the "button", so it wasn't already preloading the microswitch, but I like this better. Easily reversable.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was debating just snipping off a bit of the "pusher" on the TPE that makes up the "button", so it wasn't already preloading the microswitch, but I like this better. Easily reversable.

I do prefer easily reversible tweaks, I've had no problems with surprise panic alarms since making this modification.

The O ring I used is quite thick and stands almost as tall as the microswitch, IIRC.

Again, IIRC, the O ring is a 111 for a DIN scuba regulator. 3/32" x 7/32" id.

It should be available from most hydraulic distributors or any scuba shop.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have AlfaOBD, check in "ECU Configuration 14" and look at "throttle" settings. Have heard that turning off the filter really improves the response.

Here is what mine was from factory:
Acceleration Threshold: 480 degrees
Acceleration Factor: 5

I did it with my DiabloSport and the throttle response is 100% better. No add on's needed.

I need to back into AlfaOBD and see what they are now.

Have you had the opportunity to look at how your successful DiabloSport tweaks have impacted the AlfaOBD settings?

TC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did this mod using Alfa and it makes a difference. Between subtle and noticeable and beneficial from driving experience. Most noticeable when downshifting during acceleration. Thanks for this tip.

Are there any downsides to this mod?

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you had the opportunity to look at how your successful DiabloSport tweaks have impacted the AlfaOBD settings?

I downloaded the configuration this AM. Shows the Acceleration Threshold and Acceleration Factor turned "OFF" now, but I do not see where any numerical value set in there anywhere. Odd. I did set it at "10" in the Diablo, which would go to "20", so 50%. The values must be somewhere else, but can not see it anywhere.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I downloaded the configuration this AM. Shows the Acceleration Threshold and Acceleration Factor turned "OFF" now, but I do not see where any numerical value set in there anywhere. Odd. I did set it at "10" in the Diablo, which would go to "20", so 50%. The values must be somewhere else, but can not see it anywhere.

Thanks for checking the AlfaOBD settings and the update.

I turned those settings off again on Wednesday and will see if things improve after multiple ignition cycles, I've only used the truck once since.

IIRC, after making changes to the DRL options, I didn't see any changes until after 3 or 4 ignition cycles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KW_RAM