Infrared Temperature Sensor code B1035

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott06HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie with the auto-climate controls and having issues. The blower motor will come on, but not at the correct speed. I am in south Louisiana where it is 95+ every day now and I have the AC set at 65. Sometimes after cranking, the blower will start off high and then just die down, other times it will stay low for several minutes and then kick up to high, all without me touching anything. If I set it to manual, whether it is blowing high or low it doesn't change. Even when I manually adjust the blower speed using the dial. I tried changing the blower motor resistor but that has no effect on the issue. I ran a scan and it shows code B1035 - Infrared Temperature Sensor Circuit High. I believe the part number is 55056301AC. Has anyone come across this yet? The AC still blows cold, it just doesn't blow at the correct speed for either the temperature or the speed setting. Or is there a way to figure out how to test the sensor which is located in the overhead console near the garage door openers?
Signed,
It's too dam hot for this...