Installed New Battery. Got Climate Features....temporarily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I just replaced my battery. 1st start and I had to change my settings as they went to default--as normal for a battery change. What was different was that the climate screen now showed temps on my red to blue vertical bar AND DUAL CLIMATE ZONES. I've never seen the dual climate zones and I don't think it came with my trim package. I checked it's original sticker. Maybe I'm wrong.

The question: Since there is clearly some capability for dual zones, is there some way to complete the "upgrade" to keep the dual zone climate?

2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X4
UConnect 4C 8.4 inch

Thanks,
Mike

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I just replaced my battery. 1st start and I had to change my settings as they went to default--as normal for a battery change. What was different was that the climate screen now showed temps on my red to blue vertical bar AND DUAL CLIMATE ZONES. I've never seen the dual climate zones and I don't think it came with my trim package. I checked it's original sticker. Maybe I'm wrong.

The question: Since there is clearly some capability for dual zones, is there some way to complete the "upgrade" to keep the dual zone climate?

UConnect 4C 8.4 inch

Thanks,
Mike
Unfortunately, that is the default setting. It will settle back into single zone and what you are used to seeing after several power cycles/hours.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

UConnect 4C 8.4 inch

Thanks,
Mike

The required effort and cost of the conversion to a dual-zone system would make it highly impractical. You would need to replace or rebuild the HVAC airbox and front control panel.

My last 2 trucks have had the feature, I think it's a bit silly to think you can have 2 zones in a truck cab, although, don't tell my former GF. She used the feature often in my Tundra during the Winter months. :cool:

You may find YouTube videos on this subject, like this;