Interior cab noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruze418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first pickup, 2021 Ram 1500, Hemi, 2 wheel drive. I will state for the record that I have a hearing condition called Hypercusis, sensitive hearing. Interior noise above around 40mph , coming from the back right corner of the cab is obnoxious. Did a little search, air vent in back of cab? Looks like I will be taking out the rear seats and Interior cab cover and see what I have. Seems to be more than one way to combat this. Will also try taking a ribbon between the door and seal with door closed and make sure that it has a good seal with no gaps. I have a full year unlimited warranty, but don't feel like I can take it back to the dealership for this.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my first pickup, 2021 Ram 1500, Hemi, 2 wheel drive. I will state for the record that I have a hearing condition called Hypercusis, sensitive hearing. Interior noise above around 40mph , coming from the back right corner of the cab is obnoxious. Did a little search, air vent in back of cab? Looks like I will be taking out the rear seats and Interior cab cover and see what I have. Seems to be more than one way to combat this. Will also try taking a ribbon between the door and seal with door closed and make sure that it has a good seal with no gaps. I have a full year unlimited warranty, but don't feel like I can take it back to the dealership for this.

Good luck finding the noise maker. Cab vents, seat belt mechanism, door seal are all good places to start. I can offer this advice. If you go through the PITA to remove the rear seats to get at the cab vents get yourself some soundproofing material for the rear cab wall. I purchased a box of Dynamat knock off press and stick acoustic sound suppression material from Amazon and it really quieted down the road noise. Our trucks are rolling tin cans going down the highway at 60mph. There is nothing on that rear wall except a thin carpet like rigid cover that provides little sound dampening. The sound dampening material was less than $30 and I’m happy with the results.

OP
OP
C

Cruze418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have enough DynaMat left over from doing the interior of my Dart. So when I open it up, along with taking a good look at the vent, I will DynaMat the back wall.
Thank you!

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
My 2020 Limited has that exact issue...sometimes i think the window is down or the door is not shut. same door too..passenger rear.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2020 Limited has that exact issue...sometimes i think the window is down or the door is not shut. same door too..passenger rear.
My noise is from the Front Pax area, just gave up and messing with it. lol.