Interior Light Rattling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

godsey1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi. The interior light in the headliner of my 2013 is rattling sometimes. I took it to the dealership and they told me it is not covered by my lifetime warranty. As it rattles as I drive, you can hold your finger on it the rattle will stop (there is nothing broke inside the light). Is there a easier way of stopping it besides removing the windshield (the dealerships idea) or removing the interior to get the headliner recovered? Thanks for any help.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi. The interior light in the headliner of my 2013 is rattling sometimes. I took it to the dealership and they told me it is not covered by my lifetime warranty. As it rattles as I drive, you can hold your finger on it the rattle will stop (there is nothing broke inside the light). Is there a easier way of stopping it besides removing the windshield (the dealerships idea) or removing the interior to get the headliner recovered? Thanks for any help.
Is it just the lenses over the map lights or the whole assembly?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There are YouTube videos about it

&
watch the videos on replacing the bulbs with LEDs
& the little trick on how to get the old bulbs out

I think the video about pulling the overhead console, can be found under installing Homelink buttons into overhead console

Light bulbs can be tricky, that is why i chose different videos
2013 Ram 1500 especially

?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xk1fYvi5iM ??