Is alphaobd supported for 2024 RAM 3500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFilth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have a new 2024 RAM 3500, recently lifted and upgraded to 37" tires, and I want to adjust the speedometer to match the new tire size.
I bought an MX+ and AlphaOBD for Android.
I don't see a 2024 option to connect AlphaOBD to my truck, but I am able to connect with the 2023 or 2022+ or other options.
I am able to export all the settings and read them.
So I have tried to reprogram the tire size using the 2023 or 2022+ connection but it consistently fails saying that the operation probably did not succeed because of some incompatibility.
Is 2024 just not supported yet?
Or am I missing something?

Tony Donato

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You might need to install a Security Module Bypass similar to this one: https://hplu.be/NKMtL

After you install it, you should be able to connect to your vehicle with AlphaOBD. We have a 2022 Durango, and I had to install a similar bypass so I could use AlfaOBD. On our 2016 RAM AlfaOBD works without any trouble. They started install the Security Gateway Module for 2018 and newer RAM models.

If you don't bypass the Security Module or Security Gateway (it's known under both names), then you can't write to the ECM or reset codes. You can only read it. That's why updating it fails for you.