Is PPF needed with Duraflaps??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Team Horner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
For those of you with Duraflap flaps installed, did you install paint protection film on your fender lip or flares prior to installing?

If not, has anyone experienced or seen any damage to the pain beneath when the flaps have been removed?

My flaps are coming today and I figured I would ask before getting ahead of myself on then install.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I generally always put clear vinyl under any flares etc that attach to a painted body panel.

It’s cheap enough in small amounts and goes on easy so I do it for peace of mind.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I generally always put clear vinyl under any flares etc that attach to a painted body panel.

It’s cheap enough in small amounts and goes on easy so I do it for peace of mind.

Great advice. No matter the brand, always use PPF before putting mud flaps on. You never want anything touching your paint without some sort of protection. Especially with things like mud flaps where dirt and corrosives can get caught between the liner and the paint that will over time cause rust and ruined paint. Most good quality brands come with the film. My Husky liner mud flaps came with die cut pieces that installed easily.