Issue: Fuel Gauge Stuck on Full after Premium Cluster Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoctorGreeny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi everyone,

First off I want to say this is my first post on the forums(yay!) after using it for general DIY stuff.

Now, as the title suggests I just finished installing Premium 7” Instrument Cluster into my truck. Everything is working correctly except the fuel gauge.

The fuel gauge is stuck on reading as full, the estimated range is also displaying the range at 100% fuel capacity. MPG estimates seem to be unaffected and appear to be reporting correctly.

I’ve looked for info online and on these forums, but all I can find are problems where people have replaced parts of the fuel system and had issues pop up.

I’ve updated all of the info (odo, idle, drive hours, set the VIN) for my new cluster to match everything on the old cluster. Did a cluster self-test and still running into the issue. I ran into no issues using AlfaOBD.

I could really use some help on this issue before I remove it and replace the old cluster.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you driven the truck since the evic install? It may need to have the float assembly on the fuel pump cycle the fuel level info.

OP
OP
DoctorGreeny

DoctorGreeny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Have you driven the truck since the evic install? It may need to have the float assembly on the fuel pump cycle the fuel level info.
Since installing it I’ve driven it about 20 miles and still have the issue

I should have mentioned in my original post that I used an OBD scanner to give me the fuel readouts as I drove it and it was giving me the correct readings.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try running a few cycles, on off run for maybe 20 minutes each time. See if that gets it to reset.

OP
OP
DoctorGreeny

DoctorGreeny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Try running a few cycles, on off run for maybe 20 minutes each time. See if that gets it to reset.
No change after 3 cycles. Will continue to drive (had a full tank and will monitor with obd2 scanner) for a few days to see if it ever resets itself. In the meantime I’m open to trying other things for a possible solution.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No change after 3 cycles. Will continue to drive (had a full tank and will monitor with obd2 scanner) for a few days to see if it ever resets itself. In the meantime I’m open to trying other things for a possible solution.
You can connect to the instrument panel directly in AlfaOBD and see if resetting the ECU or running a self test corrects the issue.