Issue with Go Rhino RB20 running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garrett_brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I have a 2012 1500 Laramie Crew cab and bought the Go Rhino RB20 running boards. After mounting the brackets I set the rubbing board on and it’s roughly 8-10” too short. I know it’s not a tire to tire design but using all the pre-drilled holes the brackets are too wide. I’m not sure if they sell different lengths in that board, I wouldn’t think so because their site says it’s supposed to fit and I didn’t see and different length options. It’s supposed to not require any drilling and I really don’t want to drill any holes.
I’m just trying to figure out what the heck is wrong and I haven’t seen anyone post that they’ve had this issue.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the brackets correctly installed, sometimes they are marked for the correct location placement.

OP
OP
G

garrett_brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I should have taken pics, that’s my bad. I got frustrated and put the old ones back on.

They have 2 different brackets. One has a bend in it and goes in the back. The other 2 are straight. I thought about trying both of the bent ones in front and back just to see if it would work but you would still see the bracket due to the taper of the design.

I’m going to call them first thing Monday morning.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I should have taken pics, that’s my bad. I got frustrated and put the old ones back on.

They have 2 different brackets. One has a bend in it and goes in the back. The other 2 are straight. I thought about trying both of the bent ones in front and back just to see if it would work but you would still see the bracket due to the taper of the design.

I’m going to call them first thing Monday morning.

When you installed the board, did you have the logo in the front or rear?

OP
OP
G

garrett_brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Ok, problem solved, we’ll sort of, waiting to hear back from Rhino. They shipped the wrong length. I was wondering if that could be the issue but I couldn’t find that info on their site, I had to speak with someone to figure it out. The set I have are 80” but should have been the 87” version.

Thanks all for the feedback!