JHoward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hope you're feeling better Rick, you need the same care your wife and your rigs do.
After hearing Kris's story my issues seem minor.
But i agree with him,i ignored a swelling leg till it turned into a blood clot,that went into my lungs.
My wife had been on my case for close to 2 months trying to drag me into our doctor,but i hate doctors,and i'm a stubborn fool,but when i couldn't breath anymore,i finally decided i better go see our doctor,and he put me in an ambulance to the trauma center,where i got to spend 12 days,being mad at myself,lol.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
But i agree with him,i ignored a swelling leg till it turned into a blood clot,that went into my lungs.
My wife had been on my case for close to 2 months trying to drag me into our doctor,but i hate doctors,and i'm a stubborn fool,but when i couldn't breath anymore,i finally decided i better go see our doctor,and he put me in an ambulance to the trauma center,where i got to spend 12 days,being mad at myself,lol.

Oh, brother Rick ... all of us think that were invincible and don't need to go to the Doc, I'm the best example.

Last edited:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

I was going to guess poutine overdose, but only because my vast knowledge of Canada suggests that's the most common ailment. Glad it turned out for you and no stroke or anything life altering, blood clots are never a happy thing.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I was going to guess poutine overdose, but only because my vast knowledge of Canada suggests that's the most common ailment. Glad it turned out for you and no stroke or anything life altering, blood clots are never a happy thing.
Only way i like poutine is if the cheese curds are swapped for chunks of good old chedder. :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Damn Rick, you were lucky, those clots can kill.
I'm surprised you didn't have the surgeon put in a dual filter system & performance pump after a flush with an adrenaline boost setup.....LoL
Just throwing a little humor at ya.
Wish ya a speedy recovery!!!

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For sure. Definitely gotta listen to what your body is telling you!!! If something seems off and isn't getting better...no matter how small it may seem...get your butt to the Dr and keep pushing until they find the correct answer. That is how my pancreatic cancer was...for roughly 2 months it felt like I was just hungry. I would eat and the hunger pains would go away...sometimes, not all the time. That lasted that way for 2 months...then started to be all on my left side, under the ribs, under the heart and into my left side back. That is when I knew something was definitely wrong. After several trips, and a CT scan later...pancreatic cancer spread to my liver. I know with pancreatic cancer it was probably too late even if I went in sooner, but I should have gone in sooner. It may have at least given me more time than I'm going to get with my loved ones. 2 days ago marks the 1 year anniversary of officially having pancreatic cancer, and I know my time is about up. Not sure if that means a week, or a couple months, but it is coming to an end. I'm only 45...healthy, other than this. Rarely drank alcohol, never smoked, stayed active and ate fairly healthy and this crap still happened. It sucks that I'm soon going to be leaving my amazing wife and my 17 year old mini me son, and my 11 year old daughter!! Bottom line, if you guys listen to only 1 thing I ever type outlasted to this...PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU!!!! You know your body better than any Dr, and if something seems off, keep fighting and pushing against your Dr to get a solution!!!
Kris
Prayers sent.

Please keep up the fight. My Wife's aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4, and no doctor would touch her. They gave her 3 months.

She refused to lay down, she kept contacing Dr. after Dr. until she found someone willing to help her.

She lived 8-1/2 years.

They did a Whipple procedure on her, and she also did chemo, etc. She had other procedures after that over the years, they froze spots on her liver, etc.

Through it all she lived her life. Car shows, cruises, trips, you name it.

Please keep up the fight.

May God grant you and your family peace, strength, and healing, and put the best medical people in your life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Damn Rick, you were lucky, those clots can kill.
I'm surprised you didn't have the surgeon put in a dual filter system & performance pump after a flush with an adrenaline boost setup.....LoL
Just throwing a little humor at ya.
Wish ya a speedy recovery!!!
I told the wife to bring in a nitrous bottle,and i'd be good to go,lol.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Prayers sent.

Please keep up the fight. My Wife's aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4, and no doctor would touch her. They gave her 3 months.

She refused to lay down, she kept contacing Dr. after Dr. until she found someone willing to help her.

She lived 8-1/2 years.

They did a Whipple procedure on her, and she also did chemo, etc. She had other procedures after that over the years, they froze spots on her liver, etc.

Through it all she lived her life. Car shows, cruises, trips, you name it.

Please keep up the fight.

May God grant you and your family peace, strength, and healing, and put the best medical people in your life. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Thanks for the kind words. I am a fighter and will not give up!!! They won't do a Whipple on me because it had already spread to the liver, and was pretty bad in the liver...no good spots left, pretty much all tumors everywhere in the liver. I am just going to keep fighting, keep living and trying to make it as long as possible!!! My family deserves that...well, they deserve much better than that, but that is all I can give them. I am grateful that my wife and I have had good jobs, and good family that has always helped out. We have been able to take our kids on multiple great vacations, and we just bought my son his very own 2020 1500 ram...I loved seeing his face when he got it. I am glad the wife and kids will still have the memories from all our trips we have taken. Maybe cancer takes me from them at some point, but it can't take the memories we created!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum