Jump starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tallycar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Previous thread didn’t really answer my question. I am wanting to buy a jump starter for my 07 2500 Cummins 6.7. I want to purchase one that will start a completely dead battery. I understand having good batteries is key, but for our other business needs, we need one. There are reviews all over for many brands, all pro and con. I want a recommendation from someone that has proven experience with a good quality one that will jump from cold. Thank you.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Previous thread didn’t really answer my question. I am wanting to buy a jump starter for my 07 2500 Cummins 6.7. I want to purchase one that will start a completely dead battery. I understand having good batteries is key, but for our other business needs, we need one. There are reviews all over for many brands, all pro and con. I want a recommendation from someone that has proven experience with a good quality one that will jump from cold. Thank you.
Google Project Farms test on Battery Jump boxes.He made a video awhile ago comparing several of the jump boxes.I use a Noca 7,000,it's going on 10 years old and has never let me down,but i'm not sure it'd start a Cummins at 0F if both batteries are dead

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Schumacher battery charger that has a "boost" function

It will add 40 amps to a dead battery in about 90 seconds

Usually a single charge is enough to start just about anything

But, it is heavy and a plug in model

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP u got a big Cummins there. U gonna need a high end/voltage lithium product or one of the older type like diymirage related. The older boxes that actually have battery inside and U plug in to charge.

Insure U research exactly where to hook up cables on that dual battery diesel. I haven’t done a dual battery since army jeeps that were 24 volt systems and only when we couldn’t find s-lave cables that had round receptacles made specifically for military stuff.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Google Project Farms test on Battery Jump boxes.He made a video awhile ago comparing several of the jump boxes.I use a Noca 7,000,it's going on 10 years old and has never let me down,but i'm not sure it'd start a Cummins at 0F if both batteries are dead
Be ugly if both batteries stone dead. Might have to take off parallel cable and charge each battery separate if they r flat line lol.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Schumacher battery charger that has a "boost" function

It will add 40 amps to a dead battery in about 90 seconds

Usually a single charge is enough to start just about anything

But, it is heavy and a plug in model
This is what I have and it will start a completely dead battery if needed.

On a Cummins with 2 batteries you might need something more powerful though...

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Clore Jump n Carry, JNC 770 that will start anything. This is much bigger and heavier then any of the Noco, or other brands that fit in a glove box. This will do the job..

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Another voice, I had a Sears Diehard starter for years and worked very well over the years. Finally gave out and I bought the in the link below (not advising buy from there, just showing unit). This one has been great for starting my tractor, truck, wife's van, and other vehicles. Plus the A/C plug has been a great addition to run televisions and stuff while out and during power outages. It really handles a heavy load during starts, couldn't be happier 2 years on. Good luck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have a couple of Schumacher chargers both are a few years old

I also have Sears/Craftsman 2/6/12 amp charger

I recently bought a NO.CO Smart Charger
It is suppose to desulfinate a battery
& give it a chance to bring it back to life

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
The newer vehicles require the electronic jump starters. Too many delicate electronics in them.

CoveredWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi