Keyfob replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magaskill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Is the 2019 classic key fob different from a regular 2019 ram 1500.? I am trying to buy one online and it keeps telling me it will not work on a 2019 classic. However the key fob picture looks identical to mine which has a remote start.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The “classic” trucks are based on the 4th generation truck while the non classics built in 2019 forward are 5th generation. I do not know if the 4th and 5th generations share the same programming and frequency. If you order a Fob for a 2018 it will work with your 2019 Classic.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you aware of how to manually program a new keyfob?

You can not program a late model Ram fob without an electronic device that is capable of communicating with the RF hub. No old fashioned way of turning the key off and on a preset number of times or opening and closing doors in a particular sequence like the good old days.

Junkboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I own a 2021 Dodge Ram 1500 Class Hemi, Warlock edition. To be specific, the dealership sticker is attached (my stock wheels are 20x9)

I’m pretty automotive-illiterate when it comes to sizing wheels correctly, understanding how the offset will effect things like wheel well rubbing, etc.. That said, I’d like some guidance as I’m trying to raise my truck about 2 to 2.5 inches and put on, stock size, 20inch wheels, but wider than my 9 inch stock wheels.

I’d like the wheels and tires to extend past the fenders to give it a more aggressive look. Will this sacrifice drivability or out stress and parts of the suspension? Will the lift kit alleviate that stress and mitigate fitment issues given a wider wheel?

The below lift kit is what was recommended to me:
Icon 2.5" Coilover Lift Kit (Link to the kit)
LiftKit.jpg

These are a few wheels I’ve had my eyes on:

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheel4.jpg

Do any of these wheels have a “perfect fit?” What should I expect in terms of drivability?

Here are some photos of my truck. I own a cannabis business, hence the green theme.
20220125_173137.jpg
20230621_165618.jpg

Attachments

• Scan_0001.jpg
    Scan_0001.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 5

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Deleted

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I own a 2021 Dodge Ram 1500 Class Hemi, Warlock edition. To be specific, the dealership sticker is attached (my stock wheels are 20x9)

I’m pretty automotive-illiterate when it comes to sizing wheels correctly, understanding how the offset will effect things like wheel well rubbing, etc.. That said, I’d like some guidance as I’m trying to raise my truck about 2 to 2.5 inches and put on, stock size, 20inch wheels, but wider than my 9 inch stock wheels.

I’d like the wheels and tires to extend past the fenders to give it a more aggressive look. Will this sacrifice drivability or out stress and parts of the suspension? Will the lift kit alleviate that stress and mitigate fitment issues given a wider wheel?

The below lift kit is what was recommended to me:
Icon 2.5" Coilover Lift Kit (Link to the kit)
View attachment 542424

These are a few wheels I’ve had my eyes on:

View attachment 542426

View attachment 542427

View attachment 542428

View attachment 542429

Do any of these wheels have a “perfect fit?” What should I expect in terms of drivability?

Here are some photos of my truck. I own a cannabis business, hence the green theme.
View attachment 542422
View attachment 542423

Junkboxer, you posted under a keyfob programming thread. Your question would get more/better responses if it was in a thread about rims/tires. I know there are knowledgeable people that have experience with your questions but I don’t think they are seeing your inquiry because of where it’s posted.

Question for you though. Why the ICON coilovers? They are a really great setup but possibly overkill for your needs. I could be off base but being out on Long Island and the tires you described aren’t serious hardcore off roading stuff. If you want the look but don’t do serious off roading you can go with Bilstein 5100’s for a third of the price of ICONs. They do the same thing but are lighter duty gear. You’ll get the same 2-2 1/2 inch front end lift and still capable of light duty off road terrain for about $600.