LED Choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for choices on H7 LED bulbs. Bought Alpharex pro series headlight assembly’s and replaced halogen with Lasfit LED. Worked fine for a while now drivers side bulb goes out intermittently. Used Alfaobd to engage LED. Light is still going out intermittently. I figure must be a bad bulb. What is everyone else using?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set of Fahren bulbs for low beams and Auxito bulbs for high beams. I have a barely noticeable flicker on the low beams, not enough that I notice unless looking for it.

I'm picky and I don't care so, mustn't be too bad. I didn't change any settings with AlfaOBD.

The high beams are fabulous but I wouldn't use those bulbs in the low beam position. They're not clockable and fixed at 12 & 6. They're crazy bright on country roads though.

I installed a set of Fahren H7 bulbs in a friend's Elantra GT, with no issues other than now she wants me to upgrade the halogen high beams to match.

AFAIK, the standard AlfaOBD tweak for flicker or intermittent bulb out is to set the lights to HID.

Last edited:

jason1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This is one of my favorite things I've done to my truck so far which was to change to LED bulbs on the low beams. 2021 classic warlock with projector headlights.

I went with GTR Ultra 2 led head lights bulbs clocked 9/3. A bit expensive and more then I really wanted to pay for a pair but the lifetime warranty helped. I didn't buy the extra anti flicker module and I haven't had to use AlphaOBD to set the lights to LED but I was ready to if needed.

I also bought these so that the Ultra 2s would fit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071SGJ4S2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It was still a tight fit but worked. I did have to adjust the clocking which was a little bit of a pain and the little set screw is absurdly tiny. Luckily it had a couple extra because I did loose one.

I pulled my truck up in front of my garage door and turned on the lights before swapping bulbs. Then used a small bit of painters tape to mark the two hot spots. After swapping bulbs I was pretty surprised that the Ultra 2s had the exact same hot spots with no more needing to adjust. Well, beyond the initial clocking to 9/3 so I'm assuming that helped. At least I hope so because it did take up most of my time on the bulb swap.

I have no other led headlight reference but these are just perfect to my eyes at night. I can actually see the road ahead of me now, they still project a good distance, and I can finally see the ditch and look for deer. A plus is I haven't been flashed by on coming traffic yet so I assume it's not blinding them.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I gave up on using led mine lasted a year and they gave out I still have them in my high beams they are fine since I dont use high beams very often.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gave up on using led mine lasted a year and they gave out I still have them in my high beams they are fine since I dont use high beams very often.

The Farens I have are warrantied for 3 years after you register online. Tough to beat for the price on Amazon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the advice. I’ll definitely look into these brands in h7. Hopefully I can figure this out. Drove to work this morning and drove home tonight with no issues. As always it always sneaks up on you. Fingers crossed

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Farens I have are warranties for 3 years after you register online. Tough to beat for the price on Amazon.

Thank you I will check them out. I can give it one more chance. Maybe I will put them in the challenger first since its easier to replace.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the advice. I’ll definitely look into these brands in h7. Hopefully I can figure this out. Drove to work this morning and drove home tonight with no issues. As always it always sneaks up on you. Fingers crossed

Like I said, the AlfaOBD fix for flickering or intermittent drop out is to set the lighting to HID.

This is not unusual for your vintage of Ram truck. :cool:

I'm confident that if you search the forum for 2014 flickering LEDs, you will find several threads that identify setting the lights to HID as the solution.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you I will check them out. I can give it one more chance. Maybe I will put them in the challenger first since its easier to replace.

You're most welcome.

If you watch Amazon, the Fahren LED bulbs are often on sale.

I mistakenly bought a set of H11s and a set of 9005s in one box from Amazon.com for a crazy inexpensive price. IIRC, they were about $60 for 4 bulbs.

Then, after removing the projector housings, I realized I needed 2 sets of 9005s.

They now sell a single pair of 9005s for $40.

Be careful to choose the low-profile version because some Fahren bulbs won't fit in the projector housings with the back cover in place.

For some odd reason, they no longer indicate the base height, this is an old pic from Amazon.

Fahren LED bulb size.jpg

I believe these might be the correct item;

Last edited:

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're most welcome.

If you watch Amazon, the Fahren LED bulbs are often on sale.

I mistakenly bought a set of H11s and a set of 9005s in one box from Amazon.com for a crazy inexpensive price. IIRC, they were about $60 for 4 bulbs.

Then, after removing the projector housings, I realized I needed 2 sets of 9005s.

They now sell a single pair of 9005s for $40.

Be careful to choose the low-profile version because some Fahren bulbs won't fit in the projector housings with the back cover in place.

For some odd reason, they no longer indicate the base height, this is an old pic from Amazon.

View attachment 545864

I believe these might be the correct item;

Thanks I will have to meaure the bulb. I have a ild set still from the high beams since I kept the led in those.

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
Looking for choices on H7 LED bulbs. Bought Alpharex pro series headlight assembly’s and replaced halogen with Lasfit LED. Worked fine for a while now drivers side bulb goes out intermittently. Used Alfaobd to engage LED. Light is still going out intermittently. I figure must be a bad bulb. What is everyone else using?

I have Lasfit in mine and my sons trucks. Mine have been in over 2 years. I do a lot of long night drives when on trips especially in the winter. 4 to 8+ hours... I love my lasfit LEDs.