LED taillight pigtails/harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hi guys,

I got a deal on some LED OEM tails for my bighorn and bought the retroshop adapter from Jeremy.

Unfortunately the seller took off the smaller harness that goes directly on the back of the light. Does anyone know the part number and the best place to get these from? All I can find is a part number that references a single plug with a bunch of blue wire.

Matt

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did your truck have halogen tails originally?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t think you can buy the sub harness separately.... I’d message Benny with @AllMoparParts.com, he can tell you if he can get it.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure you cant, at least not factory. There is a person or two on Facebook making them, IIRC.

If you are coming from halogens and have AlfaOBD and a compatible adapter, I was able to make my own pigtails that mimick the factory one that hangs off the back of each taillight. Mine are a step better because they plug into the factory halogen connectors on one end and have the correct taillight connectors on the other so no pigtail, adapter, resistors, etc are necessary, as long as you can set the correct settings in Alfa.

OP
OP
M

MGD81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Pretty sure you cant, at least not factory. There is a person or two on Facebook making them, IIRC.

If you are coming from halogens and have AlfaOBD and a compatible adapter, I was able to make my own pigtails that mimick the factory one that hangs off the back of each taillight. Mine are a step better because they plug into the factory halogen connectors on one end and have the correct taillight connectors on the other so no pigtail, adapter, resistors, etc are necessary, as long as you can set the correct settings in Alfa.

I'm all set up with Alfa. Did you buy the connectors or just end up splicing wires?

HarrisFD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 4x4, Cummins 6.7, 68RFE

I’m in same boat, are you selling the adapter harness? If not do you have a parts list so we can make our own? I too want to convert from halogens to oem led’s and change settings in Alfa obd. The resistor thing seems like a fire looking for a place to happen.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m in same boat, are you selling the adapter harness? If not do you have a parts list so we can make our own? I too want to convert from halogens to oem led’s and change settings in Alfa obd. The resistor thing seems like a fire looking for a place to happen.

Sent you a PM.

VanManNate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Could I get A PM as well, been searching for this harness and cant find anything!