Left and Right cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Masterjmg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2022 ram 1500 - the side cameras point straight down- and they do not show any side view- is this a mistake?

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Maybe post a picture of what you're seeing on your screen.

OP
OP
M

Masterjmg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My side cameras are on the bottom of my outside mirrors and they point straight down- the picture on my screen is the edge of the running board and the asphalt pavement - if you are driving the screen shows the yellow stripe on left side and the right side camera shows the white stripe. I thought the side cameras would show a complete side view while turning!
My side cameras are useless!

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
My side cameras are on the bottom of my outside mirrors and they point straight down- the picture on my screen is the edge of the running board and the asphalt pavement - if you are driving the screen shows the yellow stripe on left side and the right side camera shows the white stripe. I thought the side cameras would show a complete side view while turning!
My side cameras are useless!

Yeah, that's not right. Should look like this with roughly a truck width on both sides in the overhead view:

Backup-Camera.jpg

jbp110

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
(post removed)

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Masterjmg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same truck and those same cameras - those cameras are worthless and stupid - what can be done to those cameras to make them useful?
Jim

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I have the same truck and those same cameras - those cameras are worthless and stupid - what can be done to those cameras to make them useful?
Jim

This is *your* thread that you started back in February. I asked you to post a pic of what you are seeing and posted a pic of what you're *supposed* to be seeing back then. If you don't see that on your screen, take it to the dealer to get it calibrated/repaired