Let’s see some bull bars!! I’m interested in black mostly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice...

But...it excludes Rebel models :(

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a new 4WP magazine the other day and they showed this new Lund Revolution Bull Bar

https://www.lundinternational.com/newproducts/bull+bars/revolution+bull+bar

PR_Revolution_Bull_Bar.jpg

That's really nice looking. Aries makes a similar one that is aluminum...probably not as strong but won't rust.

https://www.ariesautomotive.com/category/342/AdvantEDGE 5 1/2" Bull Bars#

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Hi folks!

I have an express and want to get a black bull bar. I need one that won’t obstruct my plate and one that is black. I also would like something that stands up to winter as it can be bad around here. Like this month for example LOL.

Thanks folks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a Bull Bar exactly but Food for thought. GO Industries Rancher Grille Guard with Ultimate Armor coating. Currently on my '17 2500 CC, but also had one on my '09 1500 in gloss powdercoat. UA is way better. Got a deer with both. No damage to front of either truck. 2b5ecd12ab124695906a9149e31cd91d.jpg75e83d226237ad7935a03dbcd9d45366.jpg402ea3cd06435bcd0eec0d486f64ace0.jpg5a20ee26394443bd0fc04b5bb8914b5b.jpg

Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd? No Trophy!

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well, after much debating, research and surfing I settled on the rough country with the integrated 20” LED.

Reasons:

Leaves license plate exposed on sport style bumpers

Integrated light

Textured/powder coated finish (matte)

Bang for buck with integrated light style.

I will post pics after install

Thanks guys for posting [emoji106]

jmc921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I know this is an old thread but, for Malligator, according to the Westin web site, the Contour bull bar "Does not fit vehicles w/plastic front bumper" yet that is exactly what you have. Did you have any issues during the install? Mine is similar but is a 2014 Express and I just want to make sure it will fit.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I know this is an old thread but, for Malligator, according to the Westin web site, the Contour bull bar "Does not fit vehicles w/plastic front bumper" yet that is exactly what you have. Did you have any issues during the install? Mine is similar but is a 2014 Express and I just want to make sure it will fit.
You have to do some trimming on the inside of the bumper. There are two plastic support barackets on the lower valence that need to be notched out. As well as the front trim peice on the lower valence need slots cut in it. I attached my thread on it at the bottom. It was a bit of a pain the first support bracket was kinda trial and error the other side went pretty smooth bc I knew how much and where to cut. I used a hot inife exacto attachment on my wood burner tool, to cut the plastic. It's in a awkward spot to get to as well, took me maybe 3 hours or so start to finish.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=108497&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You have to do some trimming on the inside of the bumper. There are two plastic support barackets on the lower valence that need to be notched out. As well as the front trim peice on the lower valence need slots cut in it. I attached my thread on it at the bottom. It was a bit of a pain the first support bracket was kinda trial and error the other side went pretty smooth bc I knew how much and where to cut. I used a hot inife exacto attachment on my wood burner tool, to cut the plastic. It's in a awkward spot to get to as well, took me maybe 3 hours or so start to finish.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=108497&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Funny you mention that. I had to trim the support brackets also for my rough country BB. It would NOT fit. So I notched them to fit the cross brackets. Also yes the thingy at the bottom of bumper needs slits. That was a nightmare also

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Always liked the look of bull bars, but was never a fan of how they all seemed to mount below the bumper.
When I got my bull bar (was a gift from my wife), I incorporated the bull bar mounts into the custom winch mount I was working on.
7c69f4f0fe6c37fb98d5e9d4498ca256.jpg

Just came upon an older post (2017) with a Bull bar you installed. Love the look. Could you share a bit more with how you mounted it?

Looks like it flows really well.

Thanks in advance.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just came upon an older post (2017) with a Bull bar you installed. Love the look. Could you share a bit more with how you mounted it?

Looks like it flows really well.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 12k winch mounted behind my bumper. While I was fabricating the mount for the winch, I just welded a couple extra tabs to the winch plate, so I could mount the bull bar. I’m having issues uploading pics at the moment, but I’ll add them when I can. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I have a 12k winch mounted behind my bumper. While I was fabricating the mount for the winch, I just welded a couple extra tabs to the winch plate, so I could mount the bull bar. I’m having issues uploading pics at the moment, but I’ll add them when I can. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for responding.

Yes, that would be great if you had a few pics to show.

Appreciate your time :waytogo: