Lifetime Max Care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metal84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the Lifetime Max Care and Lifetime Powertrain two different warranties? I didn't get my second or third inspection. Does that void everything, or just the powertrain? My account online says "maximum wrap, this MVP option has no PT coverage". But also says it's active. I think I need my ac compressor replaced.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had a lifetime Maxcare on my 2013 1500 HEMI, there was no requirement for inspections but I understand that inspections were required at one time. I think Maxcare is all-inclusive of the vehicle with the typical exceptions. I know some dealerships sell versions of warranties that parallel Maxcare to some degree and they can be had as powertrain only.

When I traded in my 2013 for a 2022, I got back $3,400 (more than I paid) for canceling the Maxcare lifetime I had on the truck. I used $1,800 of the funds to purchase a Maxcare 8-year (the maximum available for a diesel) on the 2022. If you ever decide to replace your truck and you have the Maxcare lifetime service contract, canceling it may have rewards.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Lifetime Max Care and Powertrain different warranties? Yes - Max Care is basically bumper to bumper extended to Lifetime. Keeping in mind, "Lifetime" means until a given repair exceeds the value of the truck (according the NADA if I remember right - which is an interesting wrinkle as I believe NADA has been bought out by Edmunds, KBB or someone).

Anyway, the powertrain is just that.... engine, tranny, driveline, etc. Inspections? I've never heard anything about that but haven't really paid attention as I've had my truck serviced at the dealer since new... 10+ years ago.

I'm the poster child of success for a Lifetime Max Care.... Have had a tranny rebuild, new engine and a few other things covered over the last 10 years. By far one of the better purchases I've made.

OP, your best bet is to get to dealer and have them explain if/what is available to you. It should all be tied to your VIN and the dealer can run it and advise.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
OP, your best bet is to get to dealer and have them explain if/what is available to you. It should all be tied to your VIN and the dealer can run it and advise.
I like and agree with everything you posted except this part.
Dealers are not the authority for the warranty, Mopar is. The OP should call Mopar for the correct interpretation.

I once had a dealer tell me something about my warranty that I didn't think was correct, but the dealer insisted. I called Mopar and they called the dealer and told them they were wrong.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I like and agree with everything you posted except this part.
Dealers are not the authority for the warranty, Mopar is. The OP should call Mopar for the correct interpretation.

I once had a dealer tell me something about my warranty that I didn't think was correct, but the dealer insisted. I called Mopar and they called the dealer and told them they were wrong.
Good point/clarification.... I guess I'm lucky and have a good dealer that has never tried to **** me around. At least not too much. I did have to jump through some hoops for the engine replacement but I'm sure it was well north of $10K and the dealer was still super cool to me. They were just having trouble getting it approved from the warranty folks.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
With the Warranty matters, i go to the Dodge Dealerships' Finance Office.

They do their best to interpret plan that i had,
Only one time that i had doubts about what i was told.

I will tell you one thing, when discussing Warranties with them, insist on a MOPAR Plan & even then, shop Online for a lower cost.

Personally, i have a question about the Original Mopar Warranty, bumper to bumper.

Say the Ram that i want, is either on the Sales Lot or it is a Factory Order.

When you are in the Finance Office, taking care of the legal paperwork...

Part of that paperwork is the Warranty ............

Say that i want the longest MOPAR plan, the Finance Officer shoves that paperwork over to you ......
You know that you can save big $$$ by buying the exact same plan elsewhere, like by calling another seller..
like Granger or Ziegler

My question is, can i drive off the Dealership Sales Lot, without having signed that Warranty paperwork yet ?

Last edited:

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My question is, can i drive off the Dealership Sales Lot, without having signed that Warranty paperwork yet ?
Absolutely - at least 10 years ago when I did it that was the case. Back then I had until the 3/36 expired but definitely verify as this was 10.5 years ago.

Back then the only reason to buy at the time of purchase was that you'd get a free loaner for any repair service (although at least at my dealer getting a loaner is like asking for a kidney and it's not a big deal so I don't).

Only other reason is to finance it into your loan which, IMO, is a horrible idea but figured I'd at least mention it.

When I purchased I hadn't completely figured out the game yet but knew enough to pass on the ridiculous offer my selling dealer was making and just bought through Ziegler a couple months later. I've since learned a good routine is to look up the price online then bring that into your local dealer and they are VERY likely to sell it to you for that. Basically, the online places are nice enough to give us our local dealer's bottom line... or close enough to it. I'm sure they still make a few bucks from it.... just not the thousands they hope to with their first offer.

I remember the finance guy when I bought absolutely lost his mind when I didn't go for anything he offered. I finally just told him he was confirming all the reasons I wasn't buying it. He obviously stood to benefit greatly and was terrible at hiding that. Funny related story... I ended up buying another Mopar (Jeep) for my company and that particular dealer offered aftermarket warranties and the guy knew right away I wasn't going to go for it and let his guard down and was honest. He makes more on aftermarket and apparently selling Mopar vs. Aftermarket is a dealer by dealer choice.... surprised me. Seems like it would be like McDonalds going to Walmart and buying Ore-Ida fries to sell but whatever.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Thank you for your reply

As soon as i read it, it all came back to me :)

RamRider60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are the Lifetime Max Care and Lifetime Powertrain two different warranties? I didn't get my second or third inspection. Does that void everything, or just the powertrain? My account online says "maximum wrap, this MVP option has no PT coverage". But also says it's active. I think I need my ac compressor replaced.
They will also void anything that requires you replace an OEM part that is no longer made by Mopar. The 2013 1500 Hemi Wiring Harness was discontinued in March of 2020. Guess what happens when you need a new one? Sorry your out of luck and that wiring harness that was warranteed by your Lifetime Warranty just got eliminated. As they do this with more parts covered in the Warranty that they no longer make and you can only get it from them, your Lifetime Warranty will cover less and less. Of course, nobody at Mopar lets you know that they plan on discontinuing any particular part. You find out the hard way when you need one and they tell you sorry and close your case. They also don't tell you that when you buy the warranty up front. When they are selling it to you, it's coverage nirvana!

ReddJackson

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 Turbo
I have MaxCare, but it’s not life…My RAM did have to pass a Inspection to qualify for MaxCare

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Our 09 Town and Country van, bought in October of 08, requires inspections only because back then MOPAR was in trouble so they had a lifetime power train warranty standard as a sales booster. We still bought (on line) the Max Care for all of the other stuff. We have gotten our money's worth at 225,000 miles. I guess you could say we have double coverage on the power train.

David Roark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8 e-Torque
With the Warranty matters, i go to the Dodge Dealerships' Finance Office.

They do their best to interpret plan that i had,
Only one time that i had doubts about what i was told.

I will tell you one thing, when discussing Warranties with them, insist on a MOPAR Plan & even then, shop Online for a lower cost.

Personally, i have a question about the Original Mopar Warranty, bumper to bumper.

Say the Ram that i want, is either on the Sales Lot or it is a Factory Order.

When you are in the Finance Office, taking care of the legal paperwork...

Part of that paperwork is the Warranty ............

Say that i want the longest MOPAR plan, the Finance Officer shoves that paperwork over to you ......
You know that you can save big $$$ by buying the exact same plan elsewhere, like by calling another seller..
like Granger or Ziegler

Yes. It will be available the next day or week or month. And may get cheaper. But they say you need to do it right then and there at most dealerships. Not so.