Lifting 2014 Ram 2500 need advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveRam2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Trying to lift & level my 2014 ram 2500 6.4L Hemi. 4WD with coils in the rear.
Wondering any suggestions on 2.5” lifts. Will I need bigger springs for rear or can they be lifted with spacers as well?

Bigdududiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All the kits I’ve see. Have a small spacer for the front cool and back. I have also seen expensive kits that offer new springs for front and rear. I guess it depends how much you wanna spend.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, if you are trying to just level it you wont need to do anything to the rear. You can measure the difference between the front and back and get that height spacer. 2-2.5” spacers are pretty commonly used (I went with 1.5” spacers because I wanted to retain a small amount of rake). Or, you can level the front off with new coils.

If you want the back lifted a little, its the same thing...you can use new coils or a small spacer.

Its all what you want. Need to decide that first then go from there.

Andy505

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just lifted and leveled mine, 2018 2500 4x4. The kit I bought was spacers and front shock extenders +2.5" for the front and +2" rear. 3-4 hour install, fairly easy. And hard to beat for roughly $160-$170ish I think. Parts were better quality than I expected. Rides almost the same, just higher. I'm happy with the results. Supreme Suspension was the company I went with.

IMG_0278.jpg

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just lifted and leveled mine, 2018 2500 4x4. The kit I bought was spacers and front shock extenders +2.5" for the front and +2" rear. 3-4 hour install, fairly easy. And hard to beat for roughly $160-$170ish I think. Parts were better quality than I expected. Rides almost the same, just higher. I'm happy with the results. Supreme Suspension was the company I went with.

View attachment 205105

I just installed the 2 in from supreme suspension on the front of my 2015 2500. Curious as to what you did on the driver side to hold the spacer. With the hardware and instructions they give it didn’t make much since. I currently have no hardware holding that side up but with the pressure of the spring there is no way it’s gonna move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed the 2 in from supreme suspension on the front of my 2015 2500. Curious as to what you did on the driver side to hold the spacer. With the hardware and instructions they give it didn’t make much since. I currently have no hardware holding that side up but with the pressure of the spring there is no way it’s gonna move.

I’m getting ready to install 2” tuff country spacers from supreme suspension. Curious what you are talking about.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
On the drivers side the abs module is above the spring tower making tough to get hardware in there. Not saying it’s not possible but I don’t see why you have use anything at all since it can’t come out with the pressure of the spring. You can get one bolt to hold it up but I don’t see that it is necessary. Some kits don’t require it at all.

Andy505

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Since I've seen some kits with no hardware for the spacers, and the rear spacers came with no hardware, I just decided to not install the hardware on the front and see what it does. Its been a few weeks. I haven't noticed any funny noises or cars dodging parts in the rear view mirror, so I think I'm good for now. When I eventually replace the shocks with longer shocks, I'll probably add something to secure the spacer in place.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Since I've seen some kits with no hardware for the spacers, and the rear spacers came with no hardware, I just decided to not install the hardware on the front and see what it does. Its been a few weeks. I haven't noticed any funny noises or cars dodging parts in the rear view mirror, so I think I'm good for now. When I eventually replace the shocks with longer shocks, I'll probably add something to secure the spacer in place.

Yeah that’s where I was at. I don’t even see why anything is needed since nothing is holding the spring in the first place. Definitely don’t understand why rough country has you drill a hole.