Limited Leather Dash - 3500s "do not qualify"?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig-R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
As others have posted, my 2019 Ram 3500 with the black leather interior has had the leather dash shrink and delaminate. From this forum, I see that this is a known problem, and I was hopeful that Ram would do the right thing and replace the dash, even though it is out of warranty.

I contacted @RamCares with a PM, and was told that I would need to start the process at the dealer. So I went to the dealer an was told by the service writer that he wouldn't be able to document the problem, and that this would require a Chrysler-Certified Technician to "diagnose" it. In order for a certified technician to look at it, they would charge me $299!! (Seriously, a photograph could diagnose this known problem!)

So I called Ram Customer Assistance and was informed that, although this is a known and well-documented problem with the Limited dashboards, their replacement program only covers the 1500s, so with my 3500, I'm out of luck. When I asked if there was someone above the customer service rep I was speaking to that I could talk with, they said: "No. This comes from Corporate."

This is OUTRAGEOUS! Anyone on this forum know of any way to seek resolution?

Attachments

• IMG_5133.jpg
    IMG_5133.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 6

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
AFAIK no one here has Carlos Tavares' person cell phone number. Ram Cares / Customer Service and the dealer are the only two avenues I can think of. You could try a local attorney or small claims court.

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As others have posted, my 2019 Ram 3500 with the black leather interior has had the leather dash shrink and delaminate. From this forum, I see that this is a known problem, and I was hopeful that Ram would do the right thing and replace the dash, even though it is out of warranty.

I contacted @RamCares with a PM, and was told that I would need to start the process at the dealer. So I went to the dealer an was told by the service writer that he wouldn't be able to document the problem, and that this would require a Chrysler-Certified Technician to "diagnose" it. In order for a certified technician to look at it, they would charge me $299!! (Seriously, a photograph could diagnose this known problem!)

So I called Ram Customer Assistance and was informed that, although this is a known and well-documented problem with the Limited dashboards, their replacement program only covers the 1500s, so with my 3500, I'm out of luck. When I asked if there was someone above the customer service rep I was speaking to that I could talk with, they said: "No. This comes from Corporate."

This is OUTRAGEOUS! Anyone on this forum know of any way to seek resolution?
Your dealer is smoking some really god stuff and blowing that smoke up your rear end! You need to find another dealer ASAP.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Your dealer is smoking some really god stuff and blowing that smoke up your rear end! You need to find another dealer ASAP.
If the CSR is correct and it is a Stellamtis corporate decision, another dealer can’t do much else. Unless the dealer is willing to eat the cost of a new dash and labor hoping to build good will and another sale later.

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can almost guarantee what he told you didn't come from corporate. Many here are having the same delaminating issue and none have reported hearing what you have been told. My dealer replaced my dash in my 1500 with no fuss. When I brought it to their attention and the service manager promptly took pics, sent them to Ram, and the approval came back in about a week. They even told me it wasn't covered by the original warranty but Ram replaced it anyway without much as a frown from me. Others have had great success with @RamCares. Your dealer IS LAZY AND LYING TO YOU! What difference does it make its a 1500, 2500, or 3500, the dash is delaminating. Fine another dealer.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I can almost guarantee what he told you didn't come from corporate.
Yep, I think the dealer was trying to get you to go away Craig.

I believe the dashboards are identical between the RAM HDs and the 1500. There is a whole lot less 3500 Limiteds in the wild than 1500 Limited RAMs.

jayquelin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was able to get my dealer to help replace my leather dash. He told me they're using newer material now. I can confirm - the material on my replacement dash doesn't feel like the same leather on the original. It may not even be leather at all.