Line-x or bedline chrome bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500BR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Rhino-Line was willing to coat my chrome bumpers however he would not warranty it under their lifetime warranty.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That pretty good on your truck. I just don't think black would look good with my color matched Sport front end. If you wanna keep that style flare, maybe check around for the thread on how to fix the scratching issue. I think some just put some double-sided tape on the back to seal any space behind the flare.

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cruizer it was scrathinch the body where the flare and body met. I think I want to go with stock flares or I keep seeing that the 2500 flares fit the 1500 so if that is the case I would like to find a set of those then paint to match. I also need to find out, I am not sure if you would know the answer but that black plastic piece between front bumper and grill it that paintable or the trucks I see with it color matched is a different piece I need to buy that is primed and ready for paint. I think I would be happy with line x bumpers and possibly remove plasti dip from grill and get that line x'd as well at the same time then swap that black blastic piece for color matched. I just find the black plastic piece really makes the front end look cheap.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah, I think they were putting tape behind the flare and sticking it to the fender the same way the 2500 flares go on to seal that off. Either way, I think what you're describing will look good. It's the route I'm probably gonna go, color matched 2500 or Power Wagon flares.

I would imagine that piece below the grill is paintable, it's just some kind of plastic isn't it? Would need some prep work and primer I'm sure.

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah its just plastic. I just didnt know if it was paintable or if I had to order a different one, around here in Canada the SLT's come with the colour match. There is a body/rapair shop near my place out in the boonies I might take the truck in there next time around and ask them if its paintable. I am not experienced with painting what so ever and just didnt know if it was paintable because it is somewhat textured. Also where did you order your BL from? Im looking to purchase mine within the next couple months and am just wondering who has better prices so I can start shopping around and figuring out shipping costs to Canada. Also did you get the gap guards and if so just the fronts or did you do the rear as well?

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I ordered my body lift from Amazon. Don't trust their vehicle search though. I got the part number off the PA's website and found it that way. Saved me nearly $100 that way.

I did get gap guards as well. Front only, no need for the rear. The 4th Gen rear wheel wells are huge. They don't even list rear ones for our trucks. Just make sure you put the dull side out and not the shiny side out. I've seen guys put them on that way and they look cheap. They blend well with the dull side out. I had a truck guy with his head inside my wheel well and he didn't even notice them, lol.

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for that info it will help come time to install it. Is it a difficult job or a few buddies and myself and a case of beer should be able to finish it in a day? I am not very mechanically inclined well I might be i am just always afraid to do it myself incase I mess something up but I have a buddy who built a talon with just over 650 hp himself and does alot of his own projects on his cars/jeep/bikes so I will be trying to scam him to come give me a hand also_One last question does the trailer hitch look funny seeing how your moving the bumpers up and away from it? I havent seen to many pictures of BL trucks from the rear end.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The body lift is very time consuming. Extra hands will help a lot. Air tools and ratchet extensions are a must. Need a cutting tool for the rear bumper and drill for the front bumper brackets. Nothing real difficult. The instructions are probably the worst part. Myself and one other guy knocked it out in around 10 hours with a couple breaks and swapping wheels and installing brakes.

The rear center bumper bracket is designed to close the gap from the rear bumper to the hitch, although it does stay low. Some might say it looks odd, I'm picky and don't have a problem with it.

There's no much you can mess up if you take your time and be sure to unhook what needs unhooked and hook everything back up and be sure to tighten all your bolts. I did use a piece of my daughter's sidewalk chalk to mark body bolts in the driveway to be sure to tighten them all.

I was a little nervous, but it really wasn't that bad.

The gap guards are easy. Just need to kind of vise-grips to hold it in place while you drill out the holes. I'd drill one and stick the push clip in, drill another and repeat until they were all in.

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome I can't wait to take this project on. Thanks for the the info and help, much appreciated.

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I put my flares on, my buddy works at vinyl shop, we put a 1 inch strip all the way around where the flare meets the body. Bushwacker has a rubber gasket that is supposed to keep rocks/dust from going beneath the flares, but this usually traps the rocks/dust and scratches the body. Put the 1 inch strip and cut so a few mm was visible from the outside. Should work, I haven't really looked since I've put them on.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, just about anything scratches the body like that. I even thought about taping the flare line and rolling bedliner under it as far as the metal goes, or as far as you can make it go so as not to get the cancer. The bedliner doesn't have to be that thick and can substitute for the gasket. Bottom line, dirt will get behind it no matter what you use, the only way around it is to weld the body and make it a true flare. But even though dirt will get behind the flare, if it is bedliner below it then the flare movement isn't going to scratch anything but bedliner.

Stephen99ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't you sell your chrome bumpers after you buy painted ones and break even?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I like those flares you had on, they'd be perfect on my truck. Did I miss where you said what brand/style they were?