Looking for a tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys

I recently had some long tube headers installed on my truck, and it's giving me a few different CEL codes

Is there someone out there I can send my PCM too (it's allready unlocked) who can make it so the CELs no longer come one (and my remote start works again) ?

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well, talked to Jay, and he said with the kommie regime, he cant get rid of the CELs
any other suggestions?
Jay use to do this all the time he did it for me on one of my challengers. Call hemi fever im sure they will help you out

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Asking a clarifying question

Are you looking to tune your truck or are you looking to turn off the CELs?

If you're looking to tune, might ask the question differently, if looking to turn off cels, maybe look into purchasing one of the many devices that allow for self adjustment.

I have a highly modified ram, my tuner tuned the truck and it performs well but the question of turning off cels never came up. Only tuning. I have no cels.

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Asking a clarifying question

Are you looking to tune your truck or are you looking to turn off the CELs?

If you're looking to tune, might ask the question differently, if looking to turn off cels, maybe look into purchasing one of the many devices that allow for self adjustment.

I have a highly modified ram, my tuner tuned the truck and it performs well but the question of turning off cels never came up. Only tuning. I have no cels.
im sure the truck would benefit from a tune, but my main concern is getting rid of the CELs (and that mainly because the remote start doesnt work with a CEL on)

since the headers went on these are the codes that showed up

P0133
P0420
P0430
P219a
P219b

i thought that the P0133 might be related to the O2 sensor, so i swapped the two front sensors but that didnt make a difference

i wonder if i could use alphaOBD to change the settings for the CEL ?

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im sure the truck would benefit from a tune, but my main concern is getting rid of the CELs (and that mainly because the remote start doesnt work with a CEL on)

since the headers went on these are the codes that showed up

P0133
P0420
P0430
P219a
P219b

i thought that the P0133 might be related to the O2 sensor, so i swapped the two front sensors but that didnt make a difference

i wonder if i could use alphaOBD to change the settings for the CEL ?
Anytime you install long tube headers on a newer vehicle you will need a cutom tune performed that will remove the cel. Hemi fever is a good source to use or any custom shop that can perform tunning in your area if you have any. Hope this helps. I see your in Michigan so at least you dont have to deal with emission testing. Installing longtube headers it will not pass emission testing

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anytime you install long tube headers on a newer vehicle you will need a cutom tune performed that will remove the cel. Hemi fever is a good source to use or any custom shop that can perform tunning in your area if you have any. Hope this helps. I see your in Michigan so at least you dont have to deal with emission testing. Installing longtube headers it will not pass emission testing
i just send Hemifever an email, i might give the shop that works on my duster a call, they have a dyno and might dabble in this stuff aswell

thats the only local guy i can think of

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I'd recommend you talk about a custom tune. The 219a and b along with your cat codes are going to re occur once cleared. To turn them off will require tuning and a competent tuner. You can do this with HP tuners but you need to buy the dongle and licenses for your truck

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd recommend you talk about a custom tune. The 219a and b along with your cat codes are going to re occur once cleared. To turn them off will require tuning and a competent tuner. You can do this with HP tuners but you need to buy the dongle and licenses for your truck
not sure what a dongle is

i talked to Sean over at Hemifever and they said the can not work on my truck
i know there isnt much love out there for the 5.7 2500 but i was hoping he could help

this isnt something i can do with alphaOBD, is it?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Alpha will possibly clear but not eliminate.

Doubtful any tuner will turn off cels with out tuning your truck. Way to much liability for them

Last edited:

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
not sure what a dongle is

i talked to Sean over at Hemifever and they said the can not work on my truck
i know there isnt much love out there for the 5.7 2500 but i was hoping he could help

this isnt something i can do with alphaOBD, is it?
If you're not going to tune, this is your only option to keep the headers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Allright, i called the guy who works on the duster and he would touch it, BUT he knew a guy who could

So i called him, he said no problem

Just got to find a day our schedules line up

Oh, and i dont mind adding a tune (i mean, doesnt make sense not to, right)

BUT the main reason is to get rid of the CEL, and get the remote start working again

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Allright, i called the guy who works on the duster and he would touch it, BUT he knew a guy who could

So i called him, he said no problem

Just got to find a day our schedules line up

Oh, and i dont mind adding a tune (i mean, doesnt make sense not to, right)

BUT the main reason is to get rid of the CEL, and get the remote start working again
Thats great news glad you found someone. The tune will get rid of the cel. Do you already have a unlocked pcm module? If not your going to need one or yours unlocked

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats great news glad you found someone. The tune will get rid of the cel. Do you already have a unlocked pcm module? If not your going to need one or yours unlocked
Yes, i had to call the place that i sent the PCM to before to make sure they used HP and they left it unlocked and they said they did, so that will cut cost and turn around time down

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, this is crazy, I talked to a tuner on Wednesday, and set up a date to have him look at it

Thursday, I go to pick my boy up before heading to the UP, and the light turned off

Ran it for 3 days, about 1000 miles and it hasn't come back yet

the only thing that has changed was on Wednesday, i also installed a poeted throttle body, but i cant image that had anything to do with it

Guess I'm canceling with the tuner on Monday

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osm1019