Looking for advice on lifting and swapping wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junkboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
As I look at that Icon lift kit. It states its for AWD. My vehicle is RWD, no? I'm not seeing many options for 2inch lift kits for a RWD 1500 classic, just leveling kits.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Any work that changes the geometry of your suspension will impact ride and handling. Additionally, wider tires will most certainly lead to premature wearing of many different parts: more stress from turning due to more rubber contact on road for example. Also can impact ABS system if using oversized tires, and transmission and gearing can be stressed. You will want to consider changing gears. Mileage will also suffer.

The forum is filled with stories of problems after lifts, I suggest searching for the topic and learn from the issues others have had.

OP
OP
Junkboxer

Junkboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If I weren't to lift the car at all, what's the widest I could go with minimal issue?

Below are a set of 20x9.5 -18

"Brand: Black Rhino
Model: Armory
Part Number: 2095ARY-80035G78
Color: Gun Black
Backspacing: 4.54
Offset: -18
Wheel Diameter: 20
Wheel Width: 9.5
Hub Bore: 78.10
Load Rating: 2500
Wheel Exposed Lugs: No
Wheel Material: Alloy
Weight: 44.22
Wheel Structure: One Piece
Wheel Style: Full Face
Bolt Patterns: 6x135 6x5.5 8x170 8x180 Blank 5x5
True Directional: No"

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/b...ry-20x95-18/2021-ram-1500-classic-warlock-rwd

i wpuld actually be very happy not to lift my truck and be able to get these on. What's your opinion on these wheels with my stock suspension.

To my understanding, 21 Warlocks already come about 1" lifted further than most base models.

Last edited: