Looking to get ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonAdams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just got a quote for $2k for a 2500 bighorn for a “level 2” ceramic coating. Dude really didn’t seem like he wanted to talk to me but may be he was busy? There’s what’s included. Is this reasonable, what should I ask? Also it has a 5 year warranty whatever that means he didn’t really speak much smh

Attachments

• IMG_1652.png
    IMG_1652.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 22

saturnx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in S.E PA. And paid 2k for mine to be done. This included paint correction, even though my truck only had 30 miles on it. If you apply the maintenance coating on it several times a year and keep it clean, it should last you years past the date your warranty expires.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Just got a quote for $2k for a 2500 bighorn for a “level 2” ceramic coating. Dude really didn’t seem like he wanted to talk to me but may be he was busy? There’s what’s included. Is this reasonable, what should I ask? Also it has a 5 year warranty whatever that means he didn’t really speak much smh
I would avoid doing business with anyone who seems disinterested in your business. It's likely they will be disinterested in doing a good job on your truck as well.

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Save $1963.00 and buy nano bond ceramic coating on Amazon for $37. It is the real deal. No bs.

If a detailer is talking he's probably fibbing because he wants to make $2k on you. Yes, he'll surely tell you his stuff is best and all others are junk. What would you expect him to say?

An independent automotive detailing expert named Scotthd who got paid nothing for his work has tested literally hundreds of coatings and this one outperforms coatings costing 10x more. His tests went out about 2 years i think.

I used it on my 24 Laramie and following a quick polish was able to apply it in about one hour. 8 mos later it's perfect.

The link to one scotthd video. There are many!

OP
OP
J

JonAdams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I live in S.E PA. And paid 2k for mine to be done. This included paint correction, even though my truck only had 30 miles on it. If you apply the maintenance coating on it several times a year and keep it clean, it should last you years past the date your warranty expires.
where did you go?

OP
OP
J

JonAdams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Save $1963.00 and buy nano bond ceramic coating on Amazon for $37. It is the real deal. No bs.

If a detailer is talking he's probably fibbing because he wants to make $2k on you. Yes, he'll surely tell you his stuff is best and all others are junk. What would you expect him to say?

An independent automotive detailing expert named Scotthd who got paid nothing for his work has tested literally hundreds of coatings and this one outperforms coatings costing 10x more. His tests went out about 2 years i think.

I used it on my 24 Laramie and following a quick polish was able to apply it in about one hour. 8 mos later it's perfect.

This stuff looks amazing I’m just worried I’ll misapply it and my truck will look horrible lol

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The nano bond is easy to use. The included applicator drags a little but you'll get use to it.

For the savings and the satisfaction it's one if the best deals you'll ever get. And you don't need to rely on anyone else.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
You’ve convinced me. Order placed :High 5:

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The nano bond is easy to use. The included applicator drags a little but you'll get use to it.

For the savings and the satisfaction it's one if the best deals you'll ever get. And you don't need to rely 9n anyone else.

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Scotthd on youtube is a wizzard. He treats coatings like science class and is very methodical. On his 41way test he's testing 41 coatings at the same time on one hood! He applies date decals when they stop beading up. Most quit at a year or less. He does many other tests and funds them all out of pocket.

Unlike all other coating gurus esp. ___ the organizer, (rhymes with can). Scott is completely unbiased. I expect my nano bond to last 2 years. Not sure if i used over a half bottle but there could be enough left to do it again!

Last edited:

MattHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

So cool to see this can be done at home.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I watched a Project Farm comparison of ceramic coatings. Turtle Wax's Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating came out in the top group. 16 ounces for $10 bucks, when on sale, and easy application. I've been using it for a few years, I apply twice each year. I can't find a reason to drop 1,000s on a ceramic coating when I can get outstanding results at home from a $10 spray bottle. Change my mind.

OP
OP
J

JonAdams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This is why I love the forum. I’m glad I asked before I dropped the dough I can out that money to use elsewhere. I’m going to outside this!

OP
OP
J

JonAdams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I want to make sure this is the right stuff:

Attachments

• IMG_1671.png
    IMG_1671.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 14

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Why would you buy that please don't... Spend your money on this. I have a few threads on here about real world testing. If you aren't going to spend the money on a true ceramic coating like Cquatz or Modesta, then look into underdog. It will not disappoint you. I have it on our daily drivers.

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Jon, that's the correct nano bond.

What you will find is that everyone is in love with the coating they use including the $10 turtle person.

The beauty of scotthd on youtube is he has spent $1000s of his own money to independently test coatings for years. He takes no ads and he receives no pay. And he is the only honestly independent tester there is for car coatings!

All the rest of the so called testers are like so called ladies of the night, if they are paid for their opinion. IMHO

Last edited:

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I watched a Project Farm comparison of ceramic coatings. Turtle Wax's Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating came out in the top group. 16 ounces for $10 bucks, when on sale, and easy application. I've been using it for a few years, I apply twice each year. I can't find a reason to drop 1,000s on a ceramic coating when I can get outstanding results at home from a $10 spray bottle. Change my mind.
The spray on ceramic coatings are only detailing sprays, best used as such to "top up" your professional ceramic coat.

@OP Detailing, paint correction and professional ceramic coating is easy to do. For 2K you could buy all the products and tools you need and have enough to last you years of detailing ALL your vehicles.

Been DIYing it for a few years now on our Supra SE550 before every wake season. Very easy....Wash, clay bar, paint correction then use a prep solution to remove any remaining compounds and then apply ceramic coat per directions. Let the ceramic coat "cure" overnight. You can put a light hand wax over the ceramic but its not needed.

Use the "ceramic sprays" as you would a light detailing "spray on wax". We typically dry the boat on the lift or trailer just after use and apply the ceramic spray then, or if the boat has been under it's cover for awhile, apply a light spray coat of water, dry and then detail with ceramic spray for eye catching pop.

Everyone has thier own favorite detailing products. I prefer Adams Polishes products..the graphene ceramic coat is amazing, and they have a bunch of great How To vids on Youtube, including how to correct mis-applied or over applied ceramic coat should you find yourself in a jam.

Ch

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

MOGG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup, DIY ceramic coating is the way to go. Make sure to hit all of the pre-application steps
(use whatever products you like. I just listed the ones I used for clarity of the item, not a recommendation)
1. Wash with soap and a degreaser (dish soap & simple green)
2. Use a product to remove any prior waxes, sealants, coating, tar, etc (Chemical Guys CWS80316 Clean Slate Deep Surface Cleaning)
2a. Wash again with soap
3. Clay bar the whole truck. It is amazing after the prior two step how much the clay bar picks up (any 'kit')
3a. Wash again with soap
4. Use an iron particle remover product. After the 3 prior steps, I had lots of 'purple spots' where this product was activated (Nanoskin IRON FREE Paint Remover)
4a. Wash again with soap
5. Apply ceramic coating (I used CERAKOTE Rapid Ceramic Spray and am very happy with the results)
6. If you have plastic trim (I have 'tons', with AEV fenders, snorkel, RamBox tops, hood air diverter, and the usual Power Wagon trim) the CERAKOTE Ceramic Trim Coat Kit works wonders. These come as pre-soak pads, 10 each, which does not seem like enough but every with all of my plastic, 8 did the job just fine.

Last edited:

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to your local drive through car spend $40.00 a month for unlimited premium ceramic wash. Go twice a week and save yourself a butt load of money.