MDS deleted now slight misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pontoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just recently had MDS deleted off my 2013 1500 Express and when i drove it home on an 87 tune it drove fine however i had to put some shady fuel (sheetz) in so i could make it home.
since ive had it, I have put 93 in it (about a quarter tank left of 87) and changed the tune to a 91 tune and now everytime i go to start and drive the truck it misfires about every other time or every third time. every time its on cylinder 8 and it doesnt seem to affect the driving capabilities and after i clear the code it doesnt come back unless i jump in and try to start driving right off the bat. im just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what they do to fix it. parts/tuner info below.

AMS MDS delete kit with the comp cam lifters and a non mds cam with the diablosport predator tuner.

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
spark plug / coil pack would be my first check.

Try moving the cyl 8 coil pack to another cylinder see if miss follows.
If not, then try replacing plugs (unless they're new), which of course could then be counterfit plug issue.

OP
OP
P

Pontoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
they are brand new plugs but i will try the coil packs and let yall know if that worked!