Motor sounds/runs awful after cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yesterday I finished my cam/lifter job, and the motor sounded awful, all sorts of ticking and a ton of shaking. Even after a tune it wont idle much. Also to note I had a p0108 and the red lightning bolt symbol was flashing like crazy, which I believe is the throttle body. I believed it to be a pushrod popped loose maybe but I have yet to take valve covers off which Ill get to tomorrow. Lifters were bathed in oil overnight but the motor did run for a couple minutes which I assume would bleed the lifters. I did put a vaccum gague and the vaccum was jumping up and down consistently no matter what. No codes for timing and no misfire codes (yet). I am pretty worried so any opinions or ideas are extremely helpful.

Related Parts: Btr truck norris cam, btr valve springs/pushrods, comp cams 856y lifters, and tuning by hemifever

OP
OP
D

Dave00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I took a look at it in the afternoon, right under the driver side valve cover I saw that I had stupidly put a pushrod down the wrong hole and seemed to not double check it, stupid mistake but I learned from it, map sensor connector wasn't all the way in, and did a throttle body relearn. Runs and sounds great now. Thanks for your reply I appreciate the helpfulness everyone here offers.