Multifunction Stem/Module Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey all, been too long.

On my 2019 Ram 1500, I had a little fun bouncing around the mud and slapped the life out of my turn signal on a big bounce. Highbeams don't work, turn signal is no longer sticky to the right anymore. NBD... got a new multifunction, tore down the sterring column... And relized that I'd have to remove the clocksping. I've searched far and wide, but I can't seem to find a straight answer on if I can safely remove the closkpring from the old multi switch and install it on the new one. Worried about unwinding/damaging it. Anyone done this? Do I just tape the heck out of it to make sure it doesn't rotate/move in the chassis/carrier while reinstalling? I got the multi for like 90 from a junkyard; I'd hate to have to buy a whole $350 assembly if there is a simple trick. If not, I'll just bite the bullet and be more careful. Thanks yall.