My ram (ongoing project)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lifter failed internally. Looks like I’ll be ordering the mmx NSR NTR cam and all new non mds lifter with solenoid plugs. I could replace the single lifter but would rather do this right

Attachments

• IMG_7009.jpeg
    IMG_7009.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7010.jpeg
    IMG_7010.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the cam installed. I was not aware that this cam has a very mild chop. Truck is running great. Oil is 42 psi idle warm after the mds delete plugs so I lost 1 psi oil pressure at idle. Truck sounds quieter in the lifter department. Mmx claims better low end torque and more power higher in the rpm above the stock cam. I’m not feeling any seat of the pants difference off the line but that very mild chop does sound nice. They claim 30 hp over stock at the top end. Won’t know fuel mileage for a bit but hopefully same as with the stock cam. My wideband fluctuates a bit and seems to correspond with the chop

Last edited:
OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rick said the same thing. I had hemifever set it to 650 when he did the mds off tune. however long ago that was. I’m going to be honest I’m not even sure if my i3 tuner is going to work. I didn’t want to bump up the idle much because even at 650 if I put the truck in 4 low I almost have the brake pedal to the floor to keep the truck from inching forward. What is bumping the idle up going to do though? Just settle out the chop?

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rick said the same thing. I had hemifever set it to 650 when he did the mds off tune. however long ago that was. I’m going to be honest I’m not even sure if my i3 tuner is going to work. I didn’t want to bump up the idle much because even at 650 if I put the truck in 4 low I almost have the brake pedal to the floor to keep the truck from inching forward. What is bumping the idle up going to do though? Just settle out the chop?
Yeah pretty much. If it's slight I wouldn't mess with it. If it's rowdy, I still wouldn't mess with it .

:)