Name the best lifts out there for a 1500 Ram Big Horn.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaseO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not wanting to go real expensive but also don’t want to go cheap. Maybe $800-$1,500. Want a better ride quality. I’m running 33 inch KO2’s. Been thinking about going to a 35 inch after the lift. Wanting to try the Mickey Thompson Baja A/T or Cooper SST Pro. Gonna go with a Anthem Equalizer Wheel.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had Mopar P5155797 on my Ram almost 7 years.. but it's unpopular to be happy with it around here. Well, you asked a question and that's my answer.

OP
OP
CaseO

CaseO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had Mopar P5155797 on my Ram almost 7 years.. but it's unpopular to be happy with it around here. Well, you asked a question and that's my answer.
I never said it’s not popular, it being sold out it seems like a lot of people would like them. When I’ve looked at them they don’t get a high rating, lllike saying the quality isn’t there.

Last edited:

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shocks and springs aren't a lift ! ...lol.
This again... :rolleyes:

See what I mean? Everyone's got some sort of little chip on their shoulder about the Mopar lift and they have to make up arguments to justify it. If I live to be a million years old I'll never understand this phenomenon.

Next after you deliberately forget that it's more than just shocks and springs you'll also add extra $$$ to its actual price and yell at an empty chair about how $50000 is too much money for it. Been down this road it's the same every time.

Man this is fun helping new people with all this helpful help.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never said it’s not popular, it being sold out it seems like a lot of people would like them. When I’ve looked at them they don’t get a high rating, lllike saying the quality isn’t there.

It's not sold out at summit racing, at amazon, at mopar online parts.. and it's literally Superlift hard parts + Bilstein shocks so the quality is identical to any Superlift & Bilstein stuff.

But anyway this is the same exact thread as every other one where people say "recommend me a lift" "No not that one!" .. I'm not narcissistic enough to think it's about me personally but d**n people are determined to hate Mopar lifts.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you'll also add extra $$$ to its actual price and yell at an empty chair about how $50000 is too much money for it. Been down this road it's the same every time.

Right on schedule. Don't you ever get tired of the same old low energy troll?

OP
OP
CaseO

CaseO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was sold out a month ago on summit racing and on mopar’s website as well . I don’t buy items on Amazon.

Last edited:

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@CaseO Is your's a 4th Gen Ram? Looking at your profile, it looks like your's is a 2014 just like mine. I'm currently in the middle of doing a lift to mine. It is a 4 inch one.
The first thing that you need to decide is how high do you want to go - 2" / 4" /6"..
I started a thread here about lifts as well..

The lift kit that I coveted the most is the 4" from AEV. I followed it and its brilliantly engineered. Sadly, it came on the market again for a short period and then went "Out of Stock" again.. I was waiting for it to come back on the market; when I lucked out with a used BDS kit. Granted I was missing come parts, but those are being shipped and I'm still up on the deal. I look forward to posting pictures of the lifted truck soon.

@kurek I agree with you. Mopar lifts are great and its OK to like them. For people like me who live outside the US, sometimes that is all we get; unless we accept spending huge shipping costs or are able to find a local dealer.

dc435911

Reaction score
How much lift do you want? Bilstein 5100 Struts and Shocks with the highest setting and their rear coils will give you about a 3" lift in the front and 1.5" in the rear. Add rough country upper control arms for a 3" lift and you're good to go with tires up to 37". This is around ~$1000-1200, you can upgrade the fronts to the 6112 and get the same lift with better ride for an extra ~$400-500.

If you want to go 4"+ then research what you're buying and in my opinion go with a kit that has shocks that match the lift height. To save money a lot of the lower priced kits use strut spacers up front and your ride isn't really improved, others use really cheap struts/shocks and the ride can be ****. Quality shocks from Bilstein, Icon, Fox, and King are a great way to go and will give you a good ride. Remember with these kits you have to drop the front differential and it requires cutting the front crossmembers so no going back.

In the end, first thing is first decide what you want to do and then go from there.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is something that I haven't seen asked and could be a huge factor in what is recommended....How do you plan to use the truck? Will it be pavement mainly, will it be off road? If you plan to off road what type of off roading? This will help me make a recommendation that will fit your needs and budget. We offer most of the lift brands and can get you set up with a great package at a great price. Message me and we can discuss options and pricing.

OP
OP
CaseO

CaseO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is something that I haven't seen asked and could be a huge factor in what is recommended....How do you plan to use the truck? Will it be pavement mainly, will it be off road? If you plan to off road what type of off roading? This will help me make a recommendation that will fit your needs and budget. We offer most of the lift brands and can get you set up with a great package at a great price. Message me and we can discuss options and pricing.

Off road and pavement use.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Not wanting to go real expensive but also don’t want to go cheap. Maybe $800-$1,500. Want a better ride quality. I’m running 33 inch KO2’s. Been thinking about going to a 35 inch after the lift. Wanting to try the Mickey Thompson Baja A/T or Cooper SST Pro. Gonna go with a Anthem Equalizer Wheel.
Post a picture of your truck and then a truck you’re wanting it to look like that will help us determine what height you are looking for. The mickeys are going to give you a better ride than the sst’s. @Nick@GotExhaust has way more kits than people give him credit for and the customer service is on another level.
If you’re looking for a 6” lift you will need to raise your budget as you get what you pay for and the penny saved now will cost you a dollar to fix it later